Windows 10 Blue Screen

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2018, 08:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Angry Windows 10 Blue Screen

Windows 10 did an automatic update over night to the wife's laptop, now we get this "Diagnosing Pc Problem". Sits there idling for hours. Then it give "Advanced Options". Click on any of the 3 and up pops the Blue Screen. Before you ask, she never burn a dvd repair disk.

Help need!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Try Google, Windows blue screen of death.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Same thing here Bikerdog. Exactly the same on a laptop and a desktop. I have officially raised the White Flag with these computers. I don't want to talk to their tech people anymore. I want to turn the computer on and compute.

We recently changed to the Apple iPhone and the iPad. The nearest Apple Store is in Altamonte Springs, maybe a nice ride and a Mothers Day Present from Apple. Gonna have to run it past my wife.

I wish I could help you with a real answer. Maybe rebooting would do the trick or go to another computer and look up the problem on YouTube. Good Luck.

here is what Google says: Blue screens are caused by hardware problems and issues with low-level software running in the Windows kernel. A blue screen occurs when Windows encounters a “STOP Error.” This critical failure causes Windows to crash and stop working. The only thing Windows can do is stop the computer and restart it. Feb 7, 2016
Old 05-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Same thing here Bikerdog. Exactly the same on a laptop and a desktop. I have officially raised the White Flag with these computers. I don't want to talk to their tech people anymore. I want to turn the computer on and compute.

We recently changed to the Apple iPhone and the iPad. The nearest Apple Store is in Altamonte Springs, maybe a nice ride and a Mothers Day Present from Apple. Gonna have to run it past my wife.

I wish I could help you with a real answer. Maybe rebooting would do the trick or go to another computer and look up the problem on YouTube. Good Luck.

here is what Google says: Blue screens are caused by hardware problems and issues with low-level software running in the Windows kernel. A blue screen occurs when Windows encounters a “STOP Error.” This critical failure causes Windows to crash and stop working. The only thing Windows can do is stop the computer and restart it. Feb 7, 2016
Thanks Nucky. I would consider changing to Apple, but we are running 3 computer, 2 cellphone, 3 tablets and the expense to do them all would drive me to the poor house. Will not switch just one laptop. There has to be a person on here smart enough to fix this problem without braking the bank.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Thanks Nucky. I would consider changing to Apple, but we are running 3 computer, 2 cellphone, 3 tablets and the expense to do them all would drive me to the poor house. Will not switch just one laptop. There has to be a person on here smart enough to fix this problem without braking the bank.
I understand. There is a computer club that will look at the computer for you. I used them once and learned a whole lot and they fixed the problem in five minutes. I'm rooting for you.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I understand. There is a computer club that will look at the computer for you. I used them once and learned a whole lot and they fixed the problem in five minutes. I'm rooting for you.
Can you tell me witch club it is? I was looking at the listed clubs but can't figure out witch one. There is one that meet at HH Rec on Fridays.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Can you tell me witch club it is? I was looking at the listed clubs but can't figure out witch one. There is one that meet at HH Rec on Fridays.
I will get you the info when we get back. I wrote it down so I'm almost certain to not let you down.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Sage

Silly question probably, but have you tried powering down? Sometimes a hard reboot is the only option.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I will get you the info when we get back. I wrote it down so I'm almost certain to not let you down.
TY Nucky... Are you out of town on vacation?
Old 05-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

You might be able to boot to SAFE mode by hitting F8 or shift F8 immediately after turning the computer on. Press the F8 or shift F8 several times rapidly during the boot period. If you are successful you should get a screen with several options, one is repair, try that.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:56 PM

It happened to us and we took the battery out for a few minutes and then put it back. It fixed the issue. Good luck
Old 05-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Sage

BIKERDOG, I’m on my way back from the Apple Store. The club meets at Lake Minona and the lady there said she can’t give me a phone number but to try districgov.org and search for the club on there. They just met on Friday so they are active. Tough to type on this phone. Whew.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You might be able to boot to SAFE mode by hitting F8 or shift F8 immediately after turning the computer on. Press the F8 or shift F8 several times rapidly during the boot period. If you are successful you should get a screen with several options, one is repair, try that.
That's a great suggestion. Did it open in Safe Mode?
Old 05-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
That's a great suggestion. Did it open in Safe Mode?
If I was him I would go for a Bike ride. This computer problem thing can drive you nuts. The guy at the Apple store had some experience with Window machines and said all the thing everyone has recommended here plus wiping running a program to clean up the junk each day and restarting the computer every morning.
He said Windows 10 was the best thing that ever happened for Apple. Their prices are very high at Apple.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
If I was him I would go for a Bike ride. This computer problem thing can drive you nuts. The guy at the Apple store had some experience with Window machines and said all the thing everyone has recommended here plus wiping running a program to clean up the junk each day and restarting the computer every morning.
He said Windows 10 was the best thing that ever happened for Apple. Their prices are very high at Apple.
The prices are high because they give great support. They control the hardware and the software. If you are in business and down time costs you money you don't have the time to try to fix it yourself.
Better to buy a $200 chromebook and connect it to your monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers and save the windows machine [when its working] for off line work so you don't pick op viruses.
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, screen, blue, pops, click

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.