Windows 10 Problem

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
You don't have to preach to me about Linux...I've been using personal computers of various operating systems - including various Linux distros - since the early 80's. I know what Linux is all about, and it (the collective "it") certainly does have its strengths. And, it does have its limitations, depending upon what you need it to do well.

But that has nothing to do with actually fixing the problem the OP is having with his laptop. And if his issue isn't actually a Windows issue but is, rather, something computer hardware related, changing an OS isn't going to help (not to mention the learning curve of using something new). And even if it is a Windows issue (or a driver issue, etc.), that's something that's fixable. That's why I offered my input. I'd tend to think that in the end, as frustrated as he seems, he'd probably rather just get his own regular system back running well. I could be wrong, but just a guess based on my experience.

Thank you.... You are right.. I JUST WANT TO GET IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE THE UPDATE THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
You don't have to preach to me about Linux...I've been using personal computers of various operating systems - including various Linux distros - since the early 80's. I know what Linux is all about, and it (the collective "it") certainly does have its strengths. And, it does have its limitations, depending upon what you need it to do well.

But that has nothing to do with actually fixing the problem the OP is having with his laptop. And if his issue isn't actually a Windows issue but is, rather, something computer hardware related, changing an OS isn't going to help (not to mention the learning curve of using something new). And even if it is a Windows issue (or a driver issue, etc.), that's something that's fixable. That's why I offered my input. I'd tend to think that in the end, as frustrated as he seems, he'd probably rather just get his own regular system back running well. I could be wrong, but just a guess based on my experience.
I didn't mean to preach, I'm glad you use Linux. I was just trying to inform more people about Linux.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Thank you.... You are right.. I JUST WANT TO GET IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE THE UPDATE THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM.
Did you check my post about the "Windows Event Viewer" a few days ago to see if there's any errors at a time when the laptop stalled out?
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, updates, fix, laptop, fixed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.