Windows 10 Question

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Buy an Apple
Old 08-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Platinum member

You probably have Edge set as your default browser. Change it to Google chrome.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2019, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Buy an Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
One of many reasons I gave up on Windows!
We have been through the mill computer-wise over the years. The two best Non Anxiety producing Computers that we've had was The Chromebook that tomwed talked me into trying many moons ago. It was allocated by the men who loaded our POD for the big move. Instead of replacing it with the same one I bought a small, cheap HP Laptop and got what I deserved, a big disappointment.

Next is this Apple 27" iMac which has been outta this world fantastic since mid-year 2011. It has stopped updating Operating Systems. I am disappointed but understand.

When I have time to compute I just wanna compute I don't wanna be a part of the Technical Team at the Microsoft Corp. The last Dell that we have which is a one-piece touchscreen is probably going to be wiped of all information and sent to our grandson in Jersey for him to goof around with. He likes taking them apart, I hope it can't be put back together for his sake.

I can't wait for the trip to The Apple Store in Altamonte. It's gonna be a happy day.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Well Folks, on the startup tab CHROME is listed. But Edge still starts when I turn on the computer. The computer is a reconditioned HP ProBook that had a fresh copy of Windows 10 installed. It's not a big deal that Edge starts because I just close it and use Chrome. Thanks for all the suggestions. None of them work LOL. Damn Microsoft!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:58 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I tried this. Time will tell if it worked. For some reason Edge does not start on it's own every time. I will wait and see.
The lock screen on the page before you enter your password has a variety of different scenes. If you click in a certain area it brings Edge up with more information about the picture. Check the settings for the lock screen.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:05 PM

Guess you didn't try my suggestion..

You can also try Control Panel/Uninstall Programs. Completely uninstall Edge.
Next time you open a web page, Windows will ask you what program to use. Select Chrome as you default.

Again recommend CCleaner. Really does clean up the crap and has a tab to disable or remove startup programs.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Well Folks, on the startup tab CHROME is listed. But Edge still starts when I turn on the computer. The computer is a reconditioned HP ProBook that had a fresh copy of Windows 10 installed. It's not a big deal that Edge starts because I just close it and use Chrome. Thanks for all the suggestions. None of them work LOL. Damn Microsoft!
Your internet connection is powering up via your browser. It's been a decade since I've had to deal with that problem, but that sounds like it's the problem. I don't remember how to disable that, but that's what you need to do.

It's an internet connection issue, not a browser thing. You need to be able to have your internet turned on without any browser at all. And then, if you want to use a browser, you'd click on the browser.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's where you need to look.
Closed Thread

Tags
start, stop, click, avail, win

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.