Windows 10 – – help!

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record10ti View Post
I have an Office 2013 Media kit already burnt for her (all updates, just downloaded it). All she needs is to say so and I can get it to her.

And, if she was to type "System Restore" in a search Window she can go back a few days (much cleaner than "Uninstall")

If I go to system restore in my windows 7, it says I can't restore because I have not designated any restore points (dates). It's not as easy as it was with windows XP, which let you restore to several dates in the past that were automatically set. Or I don't have some setting correct, or whatever. In any case, I doubt Sable would have any restore points set up either...?
Old 06-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Gold member

My computer just did an auto update to Win 10 from Win 7. I have been putting it off but when the auto update started I decided to let it install.
With Win 10 I have notice that things work a LOT faster than before. So far I like it.

Just check all my Excel docs and they opened up fine. I am running Excel 2007 ver.

There is a way to revert to Win 7 from Win 10 but you should stay on Win 10 for a bit. It really is a much better operating system and Win 7 is being phased out and will no longer be supported which opens it up to hacks and virus attacks.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Thank you so much for your offer. I'm only going to be here for a few more days and I'm going a little crazy getting my house set up.

Besides Outlook, I can't open two games (solitaire and Freecell) and this morning I couldn't get into Sam's Club credit. They said it was a glitch on my end!

Solitare and Freecell are gone from 10 and you can download them from the App store (Very apple esqe).

If you are in Edge for the internet - yep, not shocking you cant get into a secure site. It is easy to turn IE back on or change your default to Firefox or Chrome.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
It really is a much better operating system and Win 7 is being phased out and will no longer be supported which opens it up to hacks and virus attacks.
No no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!! We must fight progress and hate Microsoft!!!!
The Villages Florida
Old 06-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
This article explains a lot about Windows 10.

Why it’s crucial for you to update to Windows 10 by July 29
Still doesn't give me valid reasons to upgrade a 4 yr. old laptop, where everything for me, works fine. My OS will be supported for as long as I'll have it, 2020. My computer is plenty fast.
When I get a touch screen, I'll consider Win 10, which the OS is designed for.
Although the way Microsoft is doing the " almost forced" rollout, I'll consider going back to a Mac OS.

Last edited by NoMoSno; 06-02-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
When I get a touch screen, I'll consider Win 10, .
If you are on a portable, touch is cool. I find that for most people the touch screens is an aggravation point. Even more so in a healthcare environment where someone (CNA or RN) has to clean the darn thing after most every PT. I have touch on one of my systems (in my kitchen). I never touch the thing because then I have to clean it.

Closed Thread

Tags
excel, office, windows, back, outlook

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.