Wireless

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Default Wireless

We presently have wireless with Comcast at our home in Illinois. I understand that Comcast is available at TV. Is wireless available with Comcast at TV? I prefer wireless to high speed Internet. I do not anything about the other provider that is mentioned for high speed in some of the posted topics. Thank you.

Pili
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Wireless

If you have wireless at your home using Comcast chances are you have 3 things in your home that allows that to happen. You have a cable modem, a wireless router, and a wireless network card in your computer. I have Comcast for my cable provider and my internet connection. The cable modem is connected to your cable connection using a splitter so your cable can connect to your TV for the broadcast signal and a cable modem for your broadband connection. The cable modem has several connections so that you can connect a network cable to your PC or other network devices. To make your connection wireless you need to connect a wireless router to the modem that will transmit that broadband connection to a wireless network card on the PC. Comcast will provide the internet service and usually will provide you with the cable modem and set it up for you. I don't know if they will provide a wireless router and set that up for you in The Villages. I have setup my own wireless network at home using Comcast as the provider but bought my router and network card from a retailer like Circuit City. It is not expensive nor is the setup particularly difficult.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Default Re: Wireless

Thanks, Dicky. If we move to TV and Comcast cannot make all the connections, I may have to call you. The router for my laptop is on my desk and there is no cable connected to laptop. My laptop has wireless inside. My husband uses a wireless card. His desk sits away from router. The only place where the connection is very weak is in the basement.

Thanks again.

Pili

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.