Xfinity Internet Wifi

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Gold member
Default Xfinity Internet Wifi

I switched internet supplier from Century Link to Xfinity early this year. Since then I have been losing connection between their router and my printer and Amazon Echo. The connections between my laptops, Ipads, and Iphones seem as they always did. Printer is only 8' away and Echo is in next room. The Echo I have to add as a new device and printer I have to go though set up procedure. Once I've done that they work fine until it happens again. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Have you called them?
Old 12-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Unfortunately, Comcast told me I had to change my old modem (that worked fine) for a new one to get my new download speed. I am having the same problem with my cell phones, they drop the wifi connection and will not auto connect like they did with the old modem. I will be stopping by the comcast store to discuss in the near future.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Gold member

I thought it would be better to see if others had this problem before I subjected myself to customer service.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Unfortunately, Comcast told me I had to change my old modem (that worked fine) for a new one to get my new download speed. I am having the same problem with my cell phones, they drop the wifi connection and will not auto connect like they did with the old modem. I will be stopping by the comcast store to discuss in the near future.
Thank you for reply, that sound exactly what is going on with my printer and Echo dot.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
VT, who is your cell phone provider? All you have to do is say you are going to cancel and pay whatever the charges are and if you have Verizon they give you a Booster for inside the house without a modicum of trouble. Your problems will be solved.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I thought it would be better to see if others had this problem before I subjected myself to customer service.
Go to their store down by the mall in Lady Lake, they are far more helpful than calling customer service.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:59 AM

Comcast gave us a booster for inside our house years ago, it's still plugged in and we haven't moved it. However, we recently started losing the connection between our router/modem and our laptop and cell phones. We simply exchanged the old unit (only 2 years old) for a new one and the problem seems to have been solved. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

have been with Comcast for 8 years very very satisfied resolving issues
Old 12-05-2019, 07:11 AM

If it helps. We have no problems with Xfinity Internet Wifi. We use a Arris Surfboard Cable Modem Model SB6190 and a Netgear Nighthawk X8 Wireless router. We live in a masonry designer home and have our equipment at various distances throughout the house.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

I have had no problems with the Comcast modem and wifi. Have an old modem and no booster.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I’ve got Frontier but don’t live in TV. I had an issue with some channels with no sound but great picture. To make long story short it’s my TV that’s the problem, not the supplier. But I can get sound on these channels pretty easy after I figured it out. I’ m really surprised that TV don’t offer FRONTIER, my HOA pays for Cable & Internet & it’s FREE. Don’t pay a cent for it. Must be cheap because my HOA is only $90. a month compared to the $165. I paid in TV. But mind you we don’t have near the things to do here. Check out Frontier, they’re based I think in Ohio but I get it in Texas. Oh yea, I haven’t had a single issue with it & I get any football game I want to watch, but sports it what I want anyhow. Go Buckeyes! Sorry I can’t help you with your providers.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:14 AM

Xfinity for two years. No problems.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Default Check points for improving internet connections.

I have used Xfinity internet prior to and in the 7 years I have lived in TV. I also use my own modem and an Orbi router with a satellite router in the kitchen area I use HULU streaming for television and I have several tv's, two cell phones and a couple of tablets. No problems and my speed is exceptional.
One issue is the metal studs and masonry walls that I've overcome with the routers and 1gb speed (Actual speed is 1.7gb).
Try the new modem. Check your phones to make sure your connection is to your router/extenders and not to the modem itself.
Also, if you're using a separate router, have it plugged directlly into the modem, not another outlet somewhere in the home. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Send a message via ICQ to willis100 Send a message via AIM to willis100 Send a message via Yahoo to willis100 Send a message via Skype™ to willis100

This may help. If you're using a windows based system, go to internet options in the control panel, click on the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Make sure nothing is checked in there. Automatically detect settings sounds like it should be checked but it is very rare that it need be and will sometimes give you an unstable connection. Sometimes some software will change that setting without you being aware of the change. If your control panel is set to category view, click on network and internet and then choose internet options.

Last edited by willis100; 12-05-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread

Tags
echo, printer, xfinity, internet, room

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.