Xfinity Mobile?

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage
Default Xfinity Mobile?

I've been with ATT for mobile for quite a while and it's been fine. But I have Xfinity for internet and television, which I'm pleased with and will be keeping. Lately I've been wondering...if I would switch to Xfinity mobile, is it possible I'd get a really good deal for bundling all my services together?

What I don't want to do is get inferior cell phone service, so I'd like to hear from you Xfinity mobile folks out there. Are you pleased? Anything particular I should know about the service before I consider a switch?

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:46 AM

Have had Xfinity mobile for two years and completely satisfied. Have the 3 gig base we share on 2 phones and love the phone bill, $30 a month.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,318 Posts

We have Verizon and thinking of making the move. Have Xfinity for cable, internet and landline and ok with it.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

I switched and am satisfied with the service. The price is great starting at $15 a gig.
Switching was very easy. Go to their web site for the info.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,585 Times in 5,184 Posts

Xfinity Mobile is a great deal, but you need to have the Xfinity internet service. It uses the Verizon network, which is the best network by almost every independent review. It is the only network I would ever use. My bill is only $13.70 per month for unlimited talk and text and up to 1 GB of data. If you use more data, you can pay by the GB. There is no discount for bundling services, but I am not aware of any cell phone service that has a discount for bundling with different services.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

I had been a Verizon customer for many years and switched to Xfinity Mobil about a year and a half ago. Xfinity uses the Verizon cell tower network so I get the same signal, in the same locations, as before. My new cellular service is much cheaper than it was with Verizon, and it includes unlimited data, which Verizon didn’t. The only potential drawback of Xfinity is that Verizon customers get priority when the cell tower traffic is in very high demand. An example of that might be if you were in a big city attending an NFL football game (pre-Covid) and tens of thousands of people were all attempting to access the same tower with their phones at the same time. Since I don’t like big cities and tend to avoid crowds, this has never effected me. And now when I do not have WIFI access, with unlimited data I can turn my phone into a personal hotspot and use my IPad through my cell service.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,585 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I had been a Verizon customer for many years and switched to Xfinity Mobil about a year and a half ago. Xfinity uses the Verizon cell tower network so I get the same signal, in the same locations, as before. My new cellular service is much cheaper than it was with Verizon, and it includes unlimited data, which Verizon didn’t. The only potential drawback of Xfinity is that Verizon customers get priority when the cell tower traffic is in very high demand. An example of that might be if you were in a big city attending an NFL football game (pre-Covid) and tens of thousands of people were all attempting to access the same tower with their phones at the same time. Since I don’t like big cities and tend to avoid crowds, this has never effected me. And now when I do not have WIFI access, with unlimited data I can turn my phone into a personal hotspot and use my IPad through my cell service.
I agree about the Xfinity Mobile service. But, I am curious if you have any evidence that the Xfinity service is any different from a direct Verizon service. I know that Verizon salespeople will tell you that, but is it written down anywhere? I am skeptical that it may be a Verizon sales gimmick.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

I don't know about it being direct service from Verizon, but I switched to it from Sprint, and the difference is night and day. With Sprint, there would be drop offs when streaming in the car, and dead zones when trying to make calls. With Xfinity, none of those problems, and automatically switches to wifi when it finds one of their sites.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree about the Xfinity Mobile service. But, I am curious if you have any evidence that the Xfinity service is any different from a direct Verizon service. I know that Verizon salespeople will tell you that, but is it written down anywhere? I am skeptical that it may be a Verizon sales gimmick.
I researched it in great detail before switching from Verizon since I was very reluctant to give up Verizon’s extensive and reliable network. Xfinity definitely uses the same network, and all reviews I read confirmed as much, except that actual Verizon customers get priority access to the network in the event the network gets bogged down by excessive traffic. When I went to the Xfinity store to change over my service, the Xfinity technician confirmed this. Since switching over, I have never noticed having my service throttled down, but I also never allow myself to be put in a high population density situation where that would be necessary, so I can’t speak from experience how inconvenient that might be?
Old 12-19-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I had Verizon for years before switching to Xfinity Mobile. Wife and I notice NO difference in service. What we do notice is a savings of $80.00 a month on our bill. We have never regretted going to Xfinity Mobile.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I've been with ATT for mobile for quite a while and it's been fine. But I have Xfinity for internet and television, which I'm pleased with and will be keeping. Lately I've been wondering...if I would switch to Xfinity mobile, is it possible I'd get a really good deal for bundling all my services together?

What I don't want to do is get inferior cell phone service, so I'd like to hear from you Xfinity mobile folks out there. Are you pleased? Anything particular I should know about the service before I consider a switch?

Thanks.
Do it!!! We changed from Verizon to IXFINITY for the phone service and am savings about 50.00 a month
Old 12-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Default Great reception, very low cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post

Thanks.
Since switching my cost for 2 gigs of data and unlimited talk and text has gone down to $15 a month for two shared phones. Uses Verizon network. Strong signal everywhere. Used to cost approx. $70 month for Verizon plan. Had ATT before and signal not strong enough south of 466A. Totally satisfied
Old 12-19-2020, 07:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Xfinity Mobile is a great deal, but you need to have the Xfinity internet service. It uses the Verizon network, which is the best network by almost every independent review. It is the only network I would ever use. My bill is only $13.70 per month for unlimited talk and text and up to 1 GB of data. If you use more data, you can pay by the GB. There is no discount for bundling services, but I am not aware of any cell phone service that has a discount for bundling with different services.
Yes. There is discounts for bundling. Every company has it
Old 12-19-2020, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

In the past, I have researched many cellphone plans, as I decided to switch from a Verizon plan. Xfinity Mobile was a plan that I researched, since I have Xfinity for home internet.

For phone service, they are considered an MVNO, which means Mobile Virtual Network Operator. This means they do not own the networks they use (Verizon) and are network managed when on a busy tower. It also means they do not have access to the shared towers that are not owned by Verizon. This may or may not mean anything to you, but something you should consider. You might think you are never gonna be in a place that has lots of people banging on a tower, but think about being stuck in a traffic jam and everyone using their phones. In this case, you might not have adequate service to even make a phone call, much less use you data.

I am providing a link to a website that does extensive research on all of the cellphone plans. They are independent and do a great job. It might get a little technical, at times, but you'll get the jest of each plan you might be considering.

You searched for xfinity - Mobile Internet Resource Center

I have an RV and travel pretty extensively. We use the internet for everything. When traveling, we use upwards of 100GB's per month. Our coach is connected to the internet 24/7 for tracking, streaming music and TV, as well as supplemental navigation. So, our needs are data related; not so much phone calls. We do text extensively.

For our needs, we settled on AT&T for 3 lines. In addition, we have one line with visible (Visible.com) which is a Verizon MVNO and truly unlimited "high Speed" internet data for $25/month. Visible has the same restriction as Xfinity with respect to towers and network management.

Feel free to PM me if you would like more information on any of this....
Old 12-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Spectrum too

I had ATT for almost 8 years and then switched to Xfinity. After a couple of years changed to Spectrum.
The phone service was exceptional for both cable companies. This is because they both use the Verizon network.

The only drawback is that there are some extra perks with ATT. The billing list all of your phone calls. Also with ATT you send and receive messages with a browser on a home computer. Plus with ATT no matter where you are at there will always be an ATT store nearby.

I am sure there are more minor benefits with ATT or Verizon but when it comes to reliable service and good coverage there probably no difference.

Another consideration might be 5G. Will they charge extra for it? And when will it be in your area.
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, mobile, service, switch, pleased

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.