Xfinity streaming app update issue.

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts
Default Xfinity streaming app update issue.

I use Xfinity (comcast) streaming app on my ipad. This past week it notified me to update to latest app. I went to app store for update and all it would allow was to "get" which went back to the app that needed updating.
I tried to stream one of my regular series and an error code 14001 came up stating the need to update the app.

My ipad is a 4th generation from 2012 running ios 10.3.3.

I have checked the internet and there are several postings about having the same problem.....no solutions.

Surely Xfinity would not cut off support for older devices (would they?).

From several postings on the internet comments about Xfinity customer service is mostly they have "no idea what one is talking about".

The only solution to date is to get a new ipad which is an unacceptable solution.

Before I contact Xfinity I thought I would try this forum for possible similar experiences.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:26 AM
Platinum member

You are several releases behind on the operating system. Can you update to the current, IOS 13.7?

My Xfinity Steam version is 6.2.0.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I use Xfinity (comcast) streaming app on my ipad. This past week it notified me to update to latest app. I went to app store for update and all it would allow was to "get" which went back to the app that needed updating.
I tried to stream one of my regular series and an error code 14001 came up stating the need to update the app.

My ipad is a 4th generation from 2012 running ios 10.3.3.

I have checked the internet and there are several postings about having the same problem.....no solutions.

Surely Xfinity would not cut off support for older devices (would they?).

From several postings on the internet comments about Xfinity customer service is mostly they have "no idea what one is talking about".

The only solution to date is to get a new ipad which is an unacceptable solution.

Before I contact Xfinity I thought I would try this forum for possible similar experiences.
SOL. Supported Operating Systems
To find and download the Xfinity Stream app in the Apple App Store, your device must be running iOS 12.0 or later. AirPlay is not supported.

Supported Xfinity Stream App Versions
To access and watch all content, including content available to watch when out-of-home, Xfinity Stream app version 6.1.0 or later is required. Please visit the Apple App Store to download the latest version.
Closed Thread

Tags
app, xfinity, update, ipad, internet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.