You tube TV

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2020, 04:55 PM
Default You tube TV

Just got trial subscription to You Tube TV. In "settings" can't see "Live Guide" to see any channels. Can only see videos, and movies that require $.
So need to know how to find channels.
Thanks!
Old 11-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Across the top..............doesn't it say: Library, Home, Live.

Live is your channels.

Never had to go to settings go get channels.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Mr. Helpful is on the Money. It's the friendliest setup to navigate out of all the ones I've tried. I'm disappointed the price went up so high but its worth it.

Check out Ultimate RV'S. You get that channel through the search function. It is something I came across that we enjoy and started the hunt for a Travel Trailer again.

You have the best channel with YouTube it just takes a minute to get accustomed to the way it's laid out. Good Luck. We also have Sling and don't care for it at all. Add on NETFLIX and you'll never leave the house.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:11 PM

Got nothing at all across top of screen. Only have a vertical list of options on left of screen, that doesn't include "live"
Old 11-09-2020, 05:18 PM

Sounds like you are in YouTube and not YouTube TV. They are two different things.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:28 PM
Default No Help Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcallaway View Post
Got nothing at all across top of screen. Only have a vertical list of options on left of screen, that doesn't include "live"
I don't think Youtube has a Help phone number. Here is the best I can come up with:

Is there a YouTube helpline?
If you need help, please visit our Help Center. There you'll find answers to many common questions about creating an account, watching and uploading videos, and maintaining your channel. If you're unable to find what you're looking for in the Help Center, we suggest visiting our Community Help Forum.

Also, you can direct your question to The Connected Villager Club at facilitators@connectedvillager.com.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean62 View Post
Sounds like you are in YouTube and not YouTube TV. They are two different things.
Bingo.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the info, I think you might be right . Can't find any direct youtube help. Any idea how to contact them directly? Thanks!
Old 11-09-2020, 06:02 PM
Veteran member

How are you watching? TV, computer, tablet/phone?

This is what you should have:
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	9C3A72A8-4E76-4A2F-BBFE-C2E3F0F5E9A1.jpeg
Views:	2260
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	86891  
Old 11-10-2020, 06:11 AM

I didn't like the you tube set up either. That could be because I'm so used to Hulu live. They still seem to have the best channel selection, with all of the local network channels, and sports. I want to know what happened to Amazon Prime TV. I went to watch the other day, and everything I picked required and extra payment. How stupid! I saw they changed prime Music too.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:30 AM

What did the price go up to?
Old 11-10-2020, 06:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethwill View Post
I didn't like the you tube set up either. That could be because I'm so used to Hulu live. They still seem to have the best channel selection, with all of the local network channels, and sports. I want to know what happened to Amazon Prime TV. I went to watch the other day, and everything I picked required and extra payment. How stupid! I saw they changed prime Music too.
Amazon Prime is still there, and as I joined Prime to get free shipping long before I looked at the station on my television and would keep getting it even without the television, I guess it’s free! There are a LOT of great shows, new and old, on Prime, and movies. It also offers an entrance to a number of subscription services, such as Brit Box and BBC and Starz, but I don’t have any of those. It also lets you watch very recent movies for less than a movie theater ticket. I rarely buy one. Some series, such as Game of Thrones, are available (or some seasons are) only if you buy them. I’ve done that a few times. It’s still cheaper than Comcast.

Try something you’ve never heard of that looks interesting. It may turn out to be amazing. That’s how I discovered Orphan Black, for example. I’m very interested in series from various countries, especially if they have subtitles (but they always have dubbed versions, too). I go to search and type in, say, Norwegian, and get a page of Norwegian series and movies, most of them excellent.

The Amazon Prime business model is to provide a lot of shows for free if they can get access to them at a decent price. If a show is recent or current and in high demand, so it costs a lot for Prime to offer it, then Prime charges for it and splits the proceeds with the owners of the show, usually a movie studio or television production company.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:12 AM

Sounds like you are on You Tube and not You Tube TV. Two different things
Old 11-10-2020, 07:36 AM

Thanks, I think you're right. But was just able to get thru to utube tech, so maybe can fix it.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:30 AM

Call them or do an online chat with them. They are very customer oriented. They've helped me several times. Usually just simple things to learn. If you have a vertical menu on the side just go up to the home icon and hit it or do what I do and hit the "back" or "return" button on your remote. That should take you to the screen which shows the "live" option at the top. It's just a matter of learning the menu options. However if you are using a Chromecast Dongle on your TV in conjunction with your phone, it's a bit different and the "live" option doesn't give you upcoming programs on your phone screen, only what's on at that time slot.

Tags
tube, channels, trial, find, require

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.