AAA's Consumer Cellular Service

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Gold member
Default AAA's Consumer Cellular Service

Received advertisement today from AAA offering a lower priced cellular service plan compared to my existing AT&T plan. They claim Consumer Cellular uses a variety of service provider's networks. Wondering if anyone has signed up for this service and how they feel about the quality and how reliable the service actually is.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Gold member
Default Consumer Cellular

I believe that AARP also offers lower priced cellular using the same Consumer Cellular. Has anyone has any experience with them?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 AM

I've had it for about 2 years - originally in Orlando and now in Villages - no problems with service - the only thing is, it is strictly cell phone coverage. You cannot use the blackberry phones or anything new like that. It has been fine with us - no dropped calls, we travel the south and midwest - no problems - Las Vegas-no problems. I have no complaints with it since I would be too cheap to pay for the service for the fancy phones anyway. I have Magic Jack for home service - we have no land line phone and use our cell phones almost exclusively.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Consumer Cellular

I've been using Consumer Cellular for about 6 months, first in NY and now here in TV and I have no complaints. It runs about $24 a month; you get 250 anywhere minutes. They have several plans and a bunch of phones to choose from. They were very helpful when I didn't like the first phone I selected and wanted to exchange it for another one. Good customer service - you always talk to a real person.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Sage

We are not big cell phone talkers but recognize the importance and utility of having one. We each have a Tracfone (prepaid national cellular service) and each pay about $100/year for the yearly service that comes with a total of about 500 minutes. (this is 500 mins for the year, not per month). Unused minutes roll over to the next year and if you need more minutes you can buy them. So, my cell phone service runs about $8/month and works just fine for me. So far, reception here in TV and anywhere else I've been has been fine. Like another poster said, this is a nothing fancy service....no blackberry/internet, just basic phone service (with voice mail and text messaging)

For the minimalist cell phone user, this is a great way to go and it works.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.