Adding Handles to Cabinets

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Gold member
Question Adding Handles to Cabinets

My wife and I want to add handles to our kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets. I know that it's a fairly simple job to install but the number of drawers kind of discourages me from doing it myself. Any recommendations for someone who would do this job and who is recommended here?

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 AM

If you decide to do them yourself, a couple of hints. Make a template where you the knob to be. But always double check when you have two knobs right next to each other so they are even.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

I bought a plastic template at someplace like Lowe's or Home Depot and did all my own and my friend's - very easy. Make the pencil marks and check first before drilling.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Platinum member

Do you know who installed your cabinets? If your home is new, that would be one choice available to you as they would probably still be working in the area.
Ours were done by Timberwood. Very accommodating folk.

If your home is pre-loved, search 'handyman' on the forum. I recall there were a number of recommendations posted in the past.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

I agree with the above posters JR. It is a very easy project. Make a template. I used a center punch and lightly tapped a small indentation where to drill so your drill bit doesn't skid across the cabinet and you should be on your way. Do a final check to make sure the marks are level and where you want them before drilling.

I put handles on the pull out drawers and matching knobs on the swinging doors.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
My wife and I want to add handles to our kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets. I know that it's a fairly simple job to install but the number of drawers kind of discourages me from doing it myself. Any recommendations for someone who would do this job and who is recommended here?

John
John, I used our own Handieman, member of TOTV. He did a great job, as usual. Call him at 352 350 7373. Tell him KathieI sent you.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.