Adding a summer kitchen

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Adding a summer kitchen

We are considering adding a summer kitchen in our lanai. Any suggestions on a contractor? Any pro's or con's on adding one? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Default Re: Adding a summer kitchen

Add More Construction D & D Construction Baileys
Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Be very careful of Bailey Industries. We used them for our summer kitchen and the entire project was a disaster.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM

We just put one on our lanai. I did not buy the vent hood or grill at Bailey's so they wouldn't offer much help. They did make the base cabinets for me for $3200. My vent hood was $2400, including the motor. The grill was about $1400, but it was the best Vermont Castings 5 burner. Had to have a wall installed to mount everything on and that was $2K. Now that it's done I won't use it. It is one giant greasy mess that is a disaster to clean after using it. We have now cleaned it and covered it. I went to Home Depot and bought another Weber like I had b4 the summer kitchen and put it outside the pool screen. Want to see out beautiful install just let me know. I could of had a nice new BMW bike for the price of this disaster. :dontknow: Forgot another $250 to get the vent installed on the lanai roof.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

[quote=bogeygolfer ]
We just put one on our lanai. I did not buy the vent hood or grill at Bailey's so they wouldn't offer much help. They did make the base cabinets for me for $3200. My vent hood was $2400, including the motor. The grill was about $1400, but it was the best Vermont Castings 5 burner. Had to have a wall installed to mount everything on and that was $2K. Now that it's done I won't use it. It is one giant greasy mess that is a disaster to clean after using it. We have now cleaned it and covered it. I went to Home Depot and bought another Weber like I had b4 the summer kitchen and put it outside the pool screen. Want to see out beautiful install just let me know. I could of had a nice new BMW bike for the price of this disaster. :dontknow: Forgot another $250 to get the vent installed on the lanai roof.
[/Bogeygolfer
Thanks for the info., now I'm thinking twice about adding a summer kitchen.]
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.