Advanced Finishes Central

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Angry Advanced Finishes Central

Hired Advanced Finishes to remodel our kitchen. Owner Shawnn Lynch talked us into replacing doors and use a foil process to match the underlying cabinets. Also hired to add new counter tops and a new custom built cabinet(upper and lower). Job was supposed to take 4 days. After 4 weeks, it is still not satisfactory and they will not be back. They have unsupervised crews, different people everyday, and owner seems to fire everyone. Some days they just did not even show up. The doors are nice, the foil process is not good. Bubbles, edges showing and just plain sloppy! The workers are inexperienced and many times, things had to be redone. They had to reorder many doors because the crews kept damaging them. One worker moved an electrical outlet and made an open wire connection without required junction box. Good thing for GFCI, wires were improperly connected and we would not have known. The slides used for our new cabinet drawer were not sufficient for the size of the drawer. Drawer warped and would not close. Owner blamed me for abusing the drawer. I only had two trays of silverware and a few can openers in the drawer. I hired another cabinet maker to fix and he laughed at the size of the slides in relation to the size of the drawer that were used. He said that it was not right. Workers damaged my newly installed kitchen floor that I also had to have repaired. We witheld some money from Advanced Finishes but not enough to cover others we had to hire to fix their sins. Owner has a temper and many of his workers talked about how much he yells at them. I wish I had googled his name vs the company name when looking for reviews. I would have never hired him. He will say that we were difficult but, we have had new patio doors installed, new floors, concrete work and now a new addition. We get along great with all of these contractors because they did great work in the estimated amount of time. Please beware of Advanced Finishes Central!
Old 11-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Sounds like the usual description of Advance.
Just don't pay the final balance.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

If you want to play hard ball, it sounds like they did not use a licensed electrician for the electrical work. In any case, you should probably file reports with Seniors against crime, and the BBB at a minimum. Sorry of all of your problems, hope it works out with the new contractor.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Default Why people !!!!!

WHY.... WHY..... WHY does anyone pay anything up front ???

I read over and over and over and over where people pay some or all up front and get shafted, then can't understand WHY !!! If the contractor was good and a class act, they would have good credit at the suppliers.....

NEVER PAY UP FRONT.... NEVER !!!!!!
Old 11-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
WHY.... WHY..... WHY does anyone pay anything up front ???

I read over and over and over and over where people pay some or all up front and get shafted, then can't understand WHY !!! If the contractor was good and a class act, they would have good credit at the suppliers.....

NEVER PAY UP FRONT.... NEVER !!!!!!
'nuff said!
Closed Thread

Tags
drawer, finishes, advanced, doors, owner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.