air conditioner service

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Default air conditioner service

just had my A/C checked, and Perfect Air Systems guy said i'd be lucky if my unit makes it through the summer without a breakdown. when asked if there is inexpensive repair, he said the 'run caps' could fail at any time, and if i don't shut down the entire a/c system within 5 minutes of this happening, the compressor could burn out quickly. scary, huh?? can replace run caps for $80, but do i need to? has anyone else had similar experience, with P-A-S or another a/c company? suggestions? thanks!!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

bump
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Contact Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning Company. He will tell you the truth, and if repairs are necessary he will only repair/replace what is needed and no more.

Telephone 753-9497
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
BOMBERO
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Contact Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning Company. He will tell you the truth, and if repairs are necessary he will only repair/replace what is needed and no more.

Telephone 753-9497
Very good - very honest.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 PM

I am an HVAC contractor in Ma. If your run capacitors are bad they should be replaced period. If they were bad the fan motor or compressor would be overheating and not running correctly. If your unit is running fine now, chances are there is nothing wrong with your run capacitors. If they do need to be replaced they are probably the cheapest component that could be replaced in the system and it should be done. Your contractor is either not being clear or giving you incorrect info. I've never in 37 years just replaced one because its "old".
Old 03-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Any other references for Perfect Air Systems? As one of our sponsors would like to support them if they are good ...

John
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM

CALL CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herb
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Highly recommend Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning Company.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM

I kept reading here about how good chuck farrell was So i called him for just a small a/c problem and he came right out within an hour and fixed my problem and did not try to rip me off. What can i say. Chuck is the man to call as far as im concerned.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom60 View Post
I kept reading here about how good chuck farrell was So i called him for just a small a/c problem and he came right out within an hour and fixed my problem and did not try to rip me off. What can i say. Chuck is the man to call as far as im concerned.
After reading the posts, we also called Chuck Farrell for our a/c problem. Yea!!!! We are also please with Chuck: prompt, fair, honest, efficient, and has our respect and recommendation!!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Default Chuck Farrell

Hi,

I need a new A/C system and have gotten several bids. Chuck is one of them and he has an excellent rep here, but the unit he is using is an American Standard and I do not know anything about those.

Does anyone have one and what do you think of it?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

CHUCK CHUCK he's the man..."REMEMBER OUR MOM and POP" businesses out here...just sayin!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:39 AM

American Standard A/Cs are made by Trane. No problem with quality or warranty.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Call someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergal View Post
just had my A/C checked, and Perfect Air Systems guy said i'd be lucky if my unit makes it through the summer without a breakdown. when asked if there is inexpensive repair, he said the 'run caps' could fail at any time, and if i don't shut down the entire a/c system within 5 minutes of this happening, the compressor could burn out quickly. scary, huh?? can replace run caps for $80, but do i need to? has anyone else had similar experience, with P-A-S or another a/c company? suggestions? thanks!!
"Run Caps" are capacitors used to maintain voltage for compressors & motors that are heavy Var users. There strength is measured in micro-fared. Most A/C units have a dual cap with a typical rating of 40/5 mfd with a plus or minus of 5%. They cost about $20-30. I have seen them last 20 years and have seen them bad- new out of the box. If your unit is less than 10 years old and the "cap" fails, it should not damage the unit.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Default air conditioning contractor recommend

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergal View Post
I used Chuck Farrell and fund him to be very reliable and "HONEST & very reasonable. Concern: when you see a contractor placing half page ads in the newspaper guess who is paying for it
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.