Verizon 4G LTE Experience

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Question Verizon 4G LTE Experience

Have been considering getting the Verizon 4G LTE hot spot MiFi device. Hoping it would replace my internet service here in Ohio (Medina) as well as providing me internet while in TV. Am looking for anyone who has any experience with this and how well it works. Thanks in advance
Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 AM

it works very well here in TV and Medina seems to be covered now or in the next launch, But it will work on the 3g network in the meantime
Old 07-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl1949 View Post
Have been considering getting the Verizon 4G LTE hot spot MiFi device. Hoping it would replace my internet service here in Ohio (Medina) as well as providing me internet while in TV. Am looking for anyone who has any experience with this and how well it works. Thanks in advance
We have Verizon's 3G hotspot and will probably be getting the 4G in a few days. I say probably because we've had it so long that we are grandfathered for UNLIMITED service. There is no such thing now. Our two years will be over on August 8th. If I switched to 4G I'll lose my unlimited status. We have had the Verizon service since 2003 - First National Access then 3G Broadband. We've enjoyed it all over the country since we traveled with it in our motor home for over 8 years. We get good service in The Villages.

Xavier
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Gold member
Default How much?

How much does it cost for the Hot Spot devise? We are grandfathered also with the 3G . Did not know they are taking away the unlimited for 4 G
Old 07-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Sage

Used a Verizon 4Glte wireless/USB on my laptop with much success in Buttonwood. Very fast!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Used a Verizon 4Glte wireless/USB on my laptop with much success in Buttonwood. Very fast!
Hi Russ... In your opinion, could the 4G be a legit replacement for the typical wired internet from the likes of Comcast or Century Link? I have a 3G MiFi unit and the portability of these devices is fantastic. Although, 3G is a bit too slow to be our primary internet connection...

Thanks.... Mike
Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Hi Russ... In your opinion, could the 4G be a legit replacement for the typical wired internet from the likes of Comcast or Century Link? I have a 3G MiFi unit and the portability of these devices is fantastic. Although, 3G is a bit too slow to be our primary internet connection...

Thanks.... Mike
I am waiting for Russ's answer also.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage

You know, I'm not sure. Since I had it hot directly into the laptop as an over the air device it would be different than using it as a wi-fi hub.

But, do I think that is where we are headed? Absolutely!

I would think there is currently an issue with max download over the 4g system (mine was limited to 3 gig month since it was company provided). But I was able to watch movies from Netflix, hulu etc. without any lag or nasty buffering.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.