Airport Shuttle Van

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Default Airport Shuttle Van

Has anyone used the Airport Shuttle Van not the one that is owned by the villages? If are they good?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM

We have used them several times and never had a problem ... YMMV

John
Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkendrigan View Post
Has anyone used the Airport Shuttle Van not the one that is owned by the villages? If are they good?
We used them last week --they were very good --picked us up on time
(5 A.M.)
Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Platinum member

Used them last week coming and going. I would use them again.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

We have used them several times, also; very good service; and available 24/7. You may have to wait a bit on the way there and at pickup as they pick up/wait for other passengers, but this has not been an exorbitant delay, in my experience.

(Also, have had good service with The Villages' own shuttle service; and it is my understanding that now The Villages' shuttle service offers taxi service to pick you up at home to be taken to the shuttle station, or to take you home at the return to TV; I haven't used it since they started doing that, so this is word of mouth info). With TV own service, you are limited to their schedule; but that can be a good thing, since they leave TV and the airport on a specific timetable.

So, both have pros and cons; which is the best choice depends a little on your specific flight schedule. Same price, $35.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Gold member
Default Agree with Freeda

I think Freeda's post is right on - if the Villages Shuttle works with your flight schedule, and especially if someone can drop you off/pick you up, you'll have less waiting. If your flight's at a bad time for their schedule, try the other.

Yes, the taxi will pick you up, but I think it also may pick up others, just like the other shuttle, so can mean more time in transit/waiting, but a nice service to have.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

We've used The Villages Shuttle with free Taxicab to and from on several occasions. As Freeda mentioned, it's great if your Flight schedule meshes with the shuttle schedule. So far our flights have meshed well with the TV Shuttle as we tend to use the same schedule when we fly.

I can't offer an opinion on any other services as we've never used them.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 AM
nkrifats

I have only used the Villages Shuttle. I have used the pickup and drop off service now offered and it is wonderful. As worked well for me.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

My wife and I used the Villages owned shuttle last week on our way to Key West and back. The taxi picked us up at the door on time and everything was very smooth. The cost for each leg of the trip was $65 for both of us.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Default Price Increase.

As of yesterday, the shuttle service has increased to $40 and there is now a charge of $5 for the taxi service. In essence, this $10 increase is an almost 30% increase for those of us who use this bus and taxi service. Given the insane increase in the cost of gas, this is one price increase that I understand. What I find concerning, however, is that this is just one example of price increases we'll continue to see as long as gas prices remain high.

In a closing note, I have used the Villages Shuttle service, including their no charge taxi home pick-up and drop-off on two occasions along and I found the staff friendly and the service on time.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Default Price Increase.

My guess is other shuttle services will have to raise their prices or change their business model by offering fewer scheduled trips, as an example.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natickdan View Post
My guess is other shuttle services will have to raise their prices or change their business model by offering fewer scheduled trips, as an example.
BUMMER, I should have made my reservation the other day when I was on the site and the rate was still $65 r/t and the cab was free!!!!

Guess now is as good a time as any to check out the other shuttle services.

Last edited by punkpup; 04-26-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: addenda
Old 04-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

My kids have a 6am flight from Orlando to Philly and I'm not really excited about having to shuttle them down there myself at that hour. Did I understand that there is a shutle service that will pick up/deliver to Orlando for any flight?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
My kids have a 6am flight from Orlando to Philly and I'm not really excited about having to shuttle them down there myself at that hour. Did I understand that there is a shutle service that will pick up/deliver to Orlando for any flight?
call The Villages Airport Van (Yellow Taxi) 352-241-2000 They are the one that could pick them up in time for a flight that early. They are available pretty much 24/7

I don't think that The Villages'-owned shuttle service's schedule starts that early; but I'm not sure

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
call The Villages Airport Van (Yellow Taxi) 352-241-2000 They are the one that could pick them up in time for a flight that early. They are available pretty much 24/7. I don't think that The Villages'-owned shuttle service's schedule starts that early; but I'm not sure
We've used the Villages VAN (Yellow Taxi) many, many times. My husband "commutes", and he usually travels at times when the Villages Shuttle has stopped operating. I don't do airport runs, and we used to pay a lot more for a driver to pick him up at the airport. The Village Van can be a little irregular, but it gets the job done. Two thumbs up!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.