Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPhil View Post
I think the OP has to manage his expectations. I've used this service many times and find it's no better or worse that the average shared van services I've used all over the country for 40 years. Emphasis is on "shared." This wait in this case, was, admittedly, unreasonable, but if one wants first class service, one must pay first class prices. There are any number of sedan services that will be at your beck and call, for a fee.
Why share and why wait when there are any number of private drivers, door to door and for the same price.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,047 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPhil View Post
I think the OP has to manage his expectations. I've used this service many times and find it's no better or worse that the average shared van services I've used all over the country for 40 years. Emphasis is on "shared." This wait in this case, was, admittedly, unreasonable, but if one wants first class service, one must pay first class prices. There are any number of sedan services that will be at your beck and call, for a fee.
Expectations are that you will never have to wait at the airport for 2:15 minutes for a Van that is supposed to leave approximately every half hour. Especially when you call the dispatch after waiting for two hours and they tell you they are waiting for another flight that was delayed. My response was "what happened to your claim that a Van leaves approximately every half hour" and the dispatcher hangs up the phone. We have very reasonable expectations regarding the pick up and drop off schedule when the Van finally leaves the airport. When my wife and I fly together we always either rent a one way car or hire a private driver, but that is only economical when there are two or more travelers. That is a very expensive option when traveling as a single, but in the future we will bit the bullet and pay the premium versus using The Village Airport Van service. Never again!

Last edited by tophcfa; 05-19-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: correction
Old 05-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage

... oops meant to send PM
Old 05-24-2018, 09:55 AM

I'm new to this site....don't know how to PM you. I would LOVE a list of providers!
Old 05-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopie View Post
I'm new to this site....don't know how to PM you. I would LOVE a list of providers!
If you click on the name of the poster it will pull down a list and the second item on that list is "send a PM".

You can get loads of information just by clicking on the name of a poster.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-08-2018, 05:24 AM

Looking for best private car company for door-to-door pickup. Suggestions? First time using any transportation from our home. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
van, half, landed, hour, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.