American Integrity roof claim

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Default American Integrity roof claim

Has anyone else in The Villages had issues with American Integrity Insurance on Roof Claim. Filed the claim 7 weeks ago , after 2 weeks a adjuster came out and reviewed the roof. Pretty much told me it needed to be replaced but it was up to the insurance company. Now American Integrity wants to send out DSI engineering to review the roof . I called several times over the last 3 weeks to talk to the claim adjuster but she will not call me back. Had a independent adjuster look at the roof and he stated it should be replaced due to the number of loose singles and how brittle the shingles were. Has anyone had any issues with American Integrity.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Default American Integrity Ins Roof Claim

Has any one had any issue with roofing claims through American Integrity.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:17 PM

I filed a claim 7 weeks ago a adjuster came 2 weeks later and indicated that I needed a new roof but it was up to American Integrity. I have called twice for a update and then received a call from DSI engineering wanting to re review my roof for American Integrity . I called again to ask why and again I never received a call back
Old 09-12-2018, 10:14 PM

What does your agent say? They should be involved.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:18 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I am assumng you bought your American Integrity policy through The Villages Insurance.

The previous post here gave good advice — involve the agent.

If I were you, I would go in person to whichever one of the offices in TV where you bought your policy — or probably any of The Villages Insurance offices could help you. If your agent is not available, ask to see the office manager or another agent.

It would be helpful to take along any notes you have with dates and names and comments so that the claim can be tracked easily.

I understand that phone calls can be frustrating and my guess is your calls are going to a main number for American Integrity.

I prefer to get things done in person whenever possible.

(Because I am a bit of a dinosaur who likes to do business in bricks-and-mortar offices whenever I can, it was the conveniently located offices on-site in TV that helped us decide to buy our Florida insurance through The Villages Insurance.. If you did, too, go in and talk with someone who can take care of this for you.)

Last edited by Boomer; 09-13-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Roof is covered by insurance only if damage was caused by an insured peril. While usually that means “all risk”, except for exclusions (read your policy exclusions), plain old age and wear/tear is not covered. You say it’s brittle and shingles are loose. Why? What caused it? That could be a maintenance issue. Depends on what the insurance company concludes caused the damage.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,702 Times in 5,237 Posts

Even if the roof repair is not covered, the insurance company should at least provide an official claim denial with an explanation. American Integrity insures a lot of houses in The Villages.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Yep.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

VHA Owens Corning Action - The VHA

The above link is one of many articles about the shingles problem with some of the houses that were built from 2007 through 2010. Many of those houses had roofs replaced by Owens-Corning due to a bad run of shingles. (Oakridge)

I remember it turned into a bit of a back-and-forth that went on for a while. The POA got involved and helped.

Anyway, a lot of people got new roofs at no cost. But I wonder if there are houses that got missed.

(This might not be something that applies to our OP's situation but I thought I would throw it in here, just in case it might help someone to know.)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Default American Integrity

I am trying to find out if anyone else in the north side of the villages has filed and roof claim with American Integrity and if they had any issues getting the claim resolved
Old 09-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY; Staten Island, NY; Monroe, NY; Maple Grove, MN; The Villages

I filed a claim with American Integrity last year, right after Hurricane Irma. An adjuster came out within two weeks and said we lost a lot of granules off one side of the roof and that he would recommend a roof replacement. AIIC initially came up with a replacement cost of $9,100, but our lowest estimate from Dan Shepler Roofing came in at $10,917. I notified AIIC, including a copy of the estimate, and they came up with the final estimate by Shepler. They replaced the roof with a large crew in a day and a half. I was satisfied with AIIC and the roofer.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsaralee View Post
I am trying to find out if anyone else in the north side of the villages has filed and roof claim with American Integrity and if they had any issues getting the claim resolved
Not me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.