Another bad experience at Colony Tire Choice

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Gold member
Default Another bad experience at Colony Tire Choice

We had a questionable experience 5 years ago with my wife having to purchase 4 new tires when she was told a nail hole was in an area they couldn't repair. I saw where the nail hole was but had to leave for work in my old home state so instructed her to go to Colony Tire Choice to have tire plugged and I'd deal with long term when I got home. Well that plug turned into 4 new tires and a full extra service/insurance package. I had not been back until today when I could not get into my regular service place for an oil change and tire rotation. Remembering my last experience I marked my two back rims just to make sure they did get rotated. As I waited in lobby the scheduler came out with the obligatory 4 or 5 hundred dollars worth on service I needed, including a wheel alignment. I said thank you but just oil change and tire rotation today. About :30 later car was "ready". I paid and left. When I got home I checked and tires had not be rotated. Called Tire Choice and they said they had been rotated, he said she said I guess. I wonder if I got the synthetic oil I paid extra for? I did file an online complaint to Florida Attorney General. I'd like to contact owner but no contact information?
Old 07-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
We had a questionable experience 5 years ago with my wife having to purchase 4 new tires when she was told a nail hole was in an area they couldn't repair. I saw where the nail hole was but had to leave for work in my old home state so instructed her to go to Colony Tire Choice to have tire plugged and I'd deal with long term when I got home. Well that plug turned into 4 new tires and a full extra service/insurance package. I had not been back until today when I could not get into my regular service place for an oil change and tire rotation. Remembering my last experience I marked my two back rims just to make sure they did get rotated. As I waited in lobby the scheduler came out with the obligatory 4 or 5 hundred dollars worth on service I needed, including a wheel alignment. I said thank you but just oil change and tire rotation today. About :30 later car was "ready". I paid and left. When I got home I checked and tires had not be rotated. Called Tire Choice and they said they had been rotated, he said she said I guess. I wonder if I got the synthetic oil I paid extra for? I did file an online complaint to Florida Attorney General. I'd like to contact owner but no contact information?
After your first experience .... SHAME ON THEM! You went back a second time? SHAME ON ....
Old 07-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

There are several Threads on Colony Tire Choice and most of the posts are not favorable. Though it may be convenient, I would hesitate to take my car there for any reason.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up The Go To Garage

No question, the most honest and best garage for the car is Wildwood Tire just off 44 right after you get off of 301.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
After all the bad posts on this site it is a wonder if anyone would go to Tire Choice.

Sumter Tire on 301 in Wildwood is the place for me and they are outstanding in service and reputability.

Wildwood Tire on 44 at 301 is also as good IMHO
Old 07-09-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
No question, the most honest and best garage for the car is Wildwood Tire just off 44 right after you get off of 301.
I completely agree and we won't take our vehicles anywhere else.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Bunch of thieving butt heads.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
After your first experience .... SHAME ON THEM! You went back a second time? SHAME ON ....
To stroke your ego I will agree you are right about me using them. That said an oil change and tire rotation at a tire store seemed pretty safe. They didn't sell me something I didn't need, they didn't do something I paid for. Big difference. Just sharing my experience for those new to community that are interested, but thanks for your feedback.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:27 AM
Email Reported As Spam

How do they stay in business?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Default Tire choice...poor choice

Some you have posted on this site, you obviously read the topics. I can't help but to wonder why would you take your car there? If you were lucky enough not to get taken advantage once, then you should have run! These criminals are getting away with what they are doing in spite of all of the poor publicity.

The word was out and you didn't listen.....
Old 08-15-2017, 11:31 AM

Tire Choice. Too bad I didn't read these posts before I took my car there. I was in a jam and it was late. I too had a tire that "could not be repaired" according to the on duty manager Rich. Ordered a new tire and am having it installed right now. Just got a call that my rear shocks are leaking and need to be replaced. No way. I fear these A-holes are simply taking advantage of us Villagers. Never going back!
Old 10-15-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
After all the bad posts on this site it is a wonder if anyone would go to Tire Choice.

Sumter Tire on 301 in Wildwood is the place for me and they are outstanding in service and reputability.

Wildwood Tire on 44 at 301 is also as good IMHO
I would have loved to use Sumter Tire as they are outstanding with customer service; unfortunately, I wanted Hankook tires which they don't carry. I ended up going to Discount Tire in Ocala and had an amazing experience. They quoted me an out the door price that was very competitive and that was the exact price I paid. Waiting area was very clean. If you can't use Sumter Tire, I would highly recommend Discount Tire in Ocala.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
How do they stay in business?
There are enough people "out there" that never read TOTV or are smart enough to do their due diligence on a place or a service before they scratch a check or swipe the plastic with them.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Gold member

I’m OP on this thread and did contact attorney generals office to file a complaint. Was gone month of August and of course Irma hit right after. Case worker attempted to call me before Irma and left message. When I spoke to them in Sept I told them I still wanted to follow up on my complaint but understand with hurricane they have bigger issues to follow up on so I’d wait. I’ll let forum know any results. Again I’m not interested in refund I just believe they are taking advantage of people who just don’t know and therefore trust them.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:58 AM

My elderly, widowed, handicapped Mom came home one day with new tires for her golf cart bought from Tire Choice. It cost her a bundle and at one glance, I knew that she had been taken by them. The tires were too big for the cart, sticking out from the fenders 2". I got into the cart to see how it felt and they were off balance, doing a kluklump every rotation of the tires. I brought the cart back to them and they refused to give us the original tires saying that they didn't have them anymore and it had been only overnight. The mgr., a rotund man, cornered me and screamed at me to the point that I had to call the district mgr. to tell him how he tried to intimidate me. Being a woman, being yelled at by a large man and cornered was scary. In the end, my Mom had to sell the brand new tires to a cart tire place as a trade in for tires that fit her Par Car cart. I'll never deal with these people again. They saw an elderly woman and took advantage of her. She lost in total 1/2 of her money due to their shady deal with her. Of course, we'll never go near that place again. Beware.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, oil, rotated, home, tires

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.