Another thread for advice on lawn care.

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2021, 08:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Lawn services are hired only to be fired. Service usually starts out great and goes downhill as time goes by
Old 06-28-2021, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

My experience is the same with landscaping. I was so impressed with what my landscaper did last time, I’m redoing it. Neighbors look at me a little funny when they see me under the tree pulling up grass roots, and the lousy plastic bag with logo on it that the tree grew into, so must have been put in when home was built. The kind of plastic birds choke on. Then cutting and putting down proper landscape cloth with their huge staples, then the power washed edging rocks not cleaned since the home was built, then the rock mulch…. Not complaining really, I needed the exercise anyways. Same landscaper will not be hired again.

Can’t recommend a lawn care company as the one who was working on my lawn went bankrupt. Employees caught Covid. He couldn’t replace them and make it work economically. Now I need a new company so I looked around to see which neighbor has best looking lawn and then spied on the lawn crew who came to do that lawn. Then asked if they could take me on too.

Last edited by Velvet; 06-28-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:59 AM

I have lived here since March of 1997 and the answer to question is...even when you follow all their rules, and maintain your sprinkler system, there ain't no such lawn company.

I have tried them all from the independent, one man operation to the company that charges an arm and leg and still cannot produce a decent looking lawn. I even replaced the sod on my entire 1/2 acre lot and after two years I had a half acre of weeds.

They all start out guaranteeing a great looking lawn and end up with excuses why the problem is either the extreme weather or my fault.

Not enough water, too much water, cutting the lawn too high, cutting the lawn to low, too much rain, not enough rain, sprinkler system not covering the lawn properly etc, etc, etc. I believe they all use the same book of excuses.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by worahm View Post
I have lived here since March of 1997 and the answer to question is...even when you follow all their rules, and maintain your sprinkler system, there ain't no such lawn company.

I have tried them all from the independent, one man operation to the company that charges an arm and leg and still cannot produce a decent looking lawn. I even replaced the sod on my entire 1/2 acre lot and after two years I had a half acre of weeds.

They all start out guaranteeing a great looking lawn and end up with excuses why the problem is either the extreme weather or my fault.

Not enough water, too much water, cutting the lawn too high, cutting the lawn to low, too much rain, not enough rain, sprinkler system not covering the lawn properly etc, etc, etc. I believe they all use the same book of excuses.
I think you are right
Old 08-02-2021, 08:00 PM
Default Lawn care

Would you be willing to share the information on the people you use? I can't do the job (severe bad back) and my wife has enough to do already. I would greatly appreciate whatever you can provide. Joe Bosch aka hubblecat
Old 08-02-2021, 08:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblecat View Post
Would you be willing to share the information on the people you use? I can't do the job (severe bad back) and my wife has enough to do already. I would greatly appreciate whatever you can provide. Joe Bosch aka hubblecat
We are currently using Fertigator and are not happy with them. We are still trying to find someone to do it right.

I am thinking we won't find anyone here. It seems like a BIG opportunity for some enterprising young person to make a killing here. Lots of old people here that would love someone that took pride in their work.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, weeds, lawn, dogs, grass

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.