Any Honest Auto Repair Shops?

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdodge View Post
I take my car to Accu-Tech on 301 in Oxford. Very good and honest. Walmart is the best place to have oil changed
drd
AccuTech on 301 Oxford gets my vote as well. Highly recommend them for their ethics, prices lower and all-round good service. Had them a number of times in the past few years and they are the best and have never let me down.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Smile car repair

The best and most honest iI have found is Jason Accurso.Oxford behind bargins and treasures 748 9004
Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Default Totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Michael has not let us down yet (03 Nissan Pathfinder).... see below for details

Found a Great Reliable Mechanic! :)
Honest, reliable service. I whole-heartedly recommend him!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:05 AM

Someone recommended Sumter Tire in Wildwood to me. I took my car there to repair a leak in one tire. Went there on a Saturday without an appointment. Even though they were busy, they took a look at my car right away. Told me that my tire was fine but my leak was caused by rust on my wheel. They sanded down my wheel and resealed my tire. When I asked them what I owed them they told me there was no charge. The tire has been fine ever since.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Default Fruitland Park

Fruit Park auto repair on 441 is very good. I was recommended by 2 friends and I am very happy with there work and cost.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Default Accu Tech on 301

We have been very impressed with Accu Tech on 301 near 466. We even dropped off donuts one day to thank them for the work they do.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Default Another vote for Accu tech on 301

Accu TEch was recommended to me by a Village resident and I am highly satisfied with their service and work ethics. Tim is the owner and his wife is the receptionist, they all go out of their way to be courteous, explain everything and do only repairs that are needed. I have taken my car in for oil changes, to addresss an engine light problem as well as to seek guidance about tire replacement and each time Tim and his staff listened, explained and freely answered questions. And much of it was at costs way lower than in NJ (and plenty of free advice!)
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Default Re: ....honest repair shops...?

Took our auto to the new Tire Choice store near Colony. Had a real deal on an oil change and tire rotation. Common sense should tell you that something has to give...under $20 with a coupon. Anyhow, I was told that new tires were needed along with the air filter and air conditioner filters. The cost of replacing the tires would be almost $1000.00. Oh, that did include wheel balancing... My suggestion, go elsewhere unless you stop at your bank first! Ps. I found a machine screw with its washer under the car on the garage floor. Someone forgot to put it back in place!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

Honest auto repair shops seems to be a recurring theme here on TOTV. You have to wonder what Tire Choice's management was thinking. Does TV really need three TC shops to sell tires, or do they plan to maximize their auto repair business? We've been using Hutson Automotive Repair, 3201 US 27\441, Fruitland Park. They're right next door to Stavros Pizza. They've been there for almost 30 years. They open at 8, and try to do all oil changes at that time to allow for regular auto repair work during the day. They're busy and they're reasonable and they don't need to find dubious work to stay in business. The owner's name is Craig Hutson and that's who you see when you bring your car in for service.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Good, honest....lady-friendly

I wish I could remember the name of the repair shop, but it is located just as you enter Wildwood on 301 going south. It is family owned and they are as honest as the day is long....and are extra, extra women friendly....meaning they explain things to ladies so they feel comfortable with the explanation and what repairs are needed and they keep the costs low. Good people!!! Use 'em
Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Default Finding trustworthy mechanics

I've always had good luck with cartalk.com, mechanix files sections. The misspelling here is intentional -- it is the way they spell it.

Just type in a zipcode and similar to Zagat's, voila!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair

try the napa store on 441 just south of 42--been there many times--good work, good prices. ask for dave. tell him george, the furniture repair man sent you.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Gold member

Stay away from the Ford dealership in Bellview. Ford of Ocala
Old 05-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Default Michael's Fruitland Park

Michaels is the best around. Very reasonable and quality work. They are in Fruitland park. Nice family run business. I would avoid all Tire Choice shops in the villages. They will try and get all kinds of things done, when your there for an oil change. i.e. front end alignment, power steering flush, change all filters, clean brakes,, the list goes on an on. Tried the new store at Colony, same old song. Something needs to be done with them. I've seen so many elderly get taken advantage of while waiting for my oil changes. It would be interesting to see how many villagers have been told they need a alignment and or AC serviced by them, while they are there for a simple oil change or rotation.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket08 View Post
Michaels is the best around. Very reasonable and quality work. They are in Fruitland park. Nice family run business. I would avoid all Tire Choice shops in the villages. They will try and get all kinds of things done, when your there for an oil change. i.e. front end alignment, power steering flush, change all filters, clean brakes,, the list goes on an on. Tried the new store at Colony, same old song. Something needs to be done with them. I've seen so many elderly get taken advantage of while waiting for my oil changes. It would be interesting to see how many villagers have been told they need a alignment and or AC serviced by them, while they are there for a simple oil change or rotation.
If the oil change is so reasonable, why not just get the oil change and turn a deaf ear to the upselling, knowing they are scamming you? Cheap oil change and close by. Good combination.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.