Any Honest Auto Repair Shops?

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Sumter Tire & Auto in Wildwood. They are the best.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:23 AM

Try getting good service at Tri-County Automotive, Rt 441 across from Denny's. Very honest owner and competent service. Great diagnosis and treat you very fair. You'll b e pleased. Have used them for years. I give them an AAAA+ recommendation.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Sage

Recommend Tri-County Automotive on 441 near Lowe's
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I love Tri-County. To replace the clutch in my Miata, you have to remove the engine, so you're talking around $3K. Well, I had my car towed to them expecting to hear new clutch needed. Turns out it was the slave plate ($270 fix). They could have gone for the clutch repair -- I would have totally accepted that that was what was needed; they didn't. Have recommended them to many and no one has ever come back and complained.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Sage

I was at Michael's Auto repair yesterday, as I wanted an oil leak fixed, so I wouldn't have to clean my driveway from the stains, going forward.

Michael told me it's leaking everywhere, and it's not worth fixing, as it is a small amount of oil. He also said, he could replace a lot of parts but it might still leak the same way as it is now!!!! He did just as I asked, as I didn't want a $1500 repair, to fix something that is minor.

I also asked him to check fluid levels, as I will be traveling next week to Ft. Lauderdale to be with my family, for Xmas. He said there were two belts that were almost ready to go, as they were almost split. I had them replaced, too!
I rather have something fixed rather than be stuck on the road. I believe in preventive maintainence.

Great job by Michael. Honest, and reliable.

I also got a lesson, on how to use a kindle, by his wife , (Stephanie),while waiting, so I bought one last night on Amazon. Stephanie also informed me of a place to buy globes for my chandiler. I went to Besco, and wound-up buying a new chandiler as Butch the salesman, said that globes would not fit properly, in an old chandiler. For a $130, it was worth it to replace the dated one. The chandiler reminded me of the the one I had in CT, so it had to go.

I aksed what I could keep my drive way clean of oil spots in the future and they recommended a product called "awesome", (yellow in color), that is sold by Dollar Tree ansd Dollar General. I purchased a product from another car store, that was $16, to do the same job. I will return the product for a refund. Stephanie also recommended "Tide".

"Aweome" just like the advice I received.

They are very knowledgeable people. It reminded me of my old car repair place in CT, where the team, was very knowledgeable about a lot of things, and freely dispense needed info, if asked.

Overall, a five star experience.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-20-2013, 02:26 PM

We have been using AccuTech on 301 near 466 for over 3 years. Honest, reliable service. Several friends have also gone there and have been pleased with service and pricing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.