Remington Kitchens

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Wink Remington Kitchens

Has anyone had ANY experience with them? Please let me have it.
Thanks. ALWAYS best to get the straight story here first.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
WHAT is a Remington Kitchen?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 PM

I was hoping that I would get a response from graciegirl, and i did! Remington K itchens is an outfit who comes in and does kitchen design. They build the cabinets and do the install, etc. From what I have seen of their Leesburg office, they look real good. There is a salesperson there named Karen who is an incrediblly creative designer with Architectural and Engineering degrees and culinary training doesn't hurt. She knows what works in a kitchen and is so sensible where it comes to moving in your kitchen and having IT work for you!
I am impressed and find the pricing to be on point. Karen cut what she could and gave me what I thought was a fair price for new construction on gorgeous cherry cabinets and a lovely counter top.
Thank you, graciegirl, for asking me the question. Contractors galore have been in our home and my comfort level with Karen and Remington is high. I needed to see if anyone had the knee-jerk... OH NO!!! but happily, I am not seeing that yet.
Really new at the game but learning to get the right info and not get slammed. I value your input here and appreciate it more than you know. Thx!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Default Answer my own ?? Re: REMINGTON KITCHEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
I have used them for a cabinet collection in my kitchen. I must say that the craftsmanship in terms of construction is great. They are lovely.
I have to add my thoughts.
We had the units made and installed after being BLOWN OFF TWICE... no, three times. The OWNER gave me cock and bull stories. I needed the doors hung properly and aligned. Not done. I heard BS stories about so and so is not here, this one is out of the country, sick calls. I DO NOT CARE. If, after all of these years, you are incapable of a loyal staff, that speaks volumes. Your own son is in-fighting here. It was clear that the mountain had to come to Muhammed to fix this. I am NOT the mountain here. Well, Doug (owner) showed up and continued to enumerate reasons for shoddy work not his fault. Again I was told that he has issues with staff, yadda. DON'T CARE. He then made it sound like this is as good as it gets and I said that I paid top dollar for a CUSTOM JOB; a perfect job. If I wanted problems, I would go to some big box store. I chose his place after Kim, sales genius... and I mean that.... assured me how great this company is. It is a shame that I cant get a call back from her when it hits the fan. I had respected her. It s so much easier to have good reviews vs this kind. The folks at the dog parks love these stories and warn others. So far reaching.
Anyway, if it ain't perfect, take it out and cash me in. I, unfortunately, will NOT use this outfit again. Again, the cabinets are lovely but I was blown off, laughed at, not cared about long enough to anger me and this is the best comeback I can think of. I was filing in small claims if they hadn't..... WAIT!!!!! SUDDENLY.... WITHOUT WARNING, a worker showed up; unannounced. Had I been home, I would have sent him packing as it is nonsense that I should stop my world for them. My hubby let them in. Hindsight is 20-20.
Gorgeous cabinets but the aggro is NOT worth the finished product. STAND BY YOUR WORD AND BE THERE, GET THE JOB DONE AND BE PROUD OF IT. Not possible for pride there as it was one BS story after another.
Shame on you, Doug.
All I know is that YOU PROMISED to be here "this week" which took two months and I was lied to and BS'd adinfinitum. My reviews are honest.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM

I have resisted even looking for any posts about Remington since I was so unhappy with their service that I didn't want to make it worse. But here goes:

We started with them January 2012 and had them do 5 custom walls (living room, dining room, 2 bedroom walls and an office wall) in our house. I designed the walls and then went to them with my drawings. They were supposed to be done by the end of March. Obviously they are not and all they had were multiple excuses. We were back here August 1st but they still did not finish until October. But there was a problem with the stereo door screening sagging which they told me would be corrected it it didn't correct itself. So I contacted them early November about the screening which was still sagging. Again I contacted them in December, January, February, March, April. Always excuses. Finally, Doug promised it would be handled today. No show, no response to email and no phone call. I can't even leave a message on his phone.

What is particularly annoying is that the screening was supposed to be included and he ended up charging me for it since he had to purchase so much for my small job. That meant I would be given the extra fabric which never came and somehow disappeared. So I have been waiting for the replacement fabric which still has not shown up.

This was a very expensive project and I am happy with the results but there some things that I had to settle for which I think should have been corrected.

I cannot recommend this firm or anything done by Doug Remington. Hopefully this will be cleared up and I will post about it. But I warn everyone else - find someone else.

I guess my next step is small claims court, but I wanted to warn everyone else first.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We bought a new CYV in 2011 and we wanted white cabinets just like our kitchen back in Baltimore. We had remodeled in 2008 and was the primary reason we sold our home in one day to the first viewers. When we were ready to buy here, we wanted a Woodlawn Masonry CYV, now called a Durham, and none of the available units had white cabinets at that time. Since you're not allowed any design possibilities we bought the cheapest Woodlawn with the intentions of refacing the cabinets later.

After doing many searches on Google and on this site, we found Remington Kitchens of Leesburg was the best choice because refacing was their speciality and we read several good reviews. We went to their Leesburg showroom and picked out the door and the matching drawl fronts and hand pulls and they had a salesman stop by our home the same day to measure our kitchen. We gave them a deposit and they set up a installation date four weeks later for March 25, 2013, a two day job.

They have two refacing crews, we had 'Jimmy' do our job and he has been with them several years. The first day he took down all the old doors and pulled out the drawls and then covered all the the exposed cabinet facing with white formica, that was end of day one. The next day with a router he trimed off all the excess formica, added white crown molding and calked and touched up all white surfaces. He then attached the new white doors and drawls and drilled and installed the hand pulls.

It was a full two day job, originally they had estimated three days. Here are some photos of our kitchen that was finished just about a month ago. Our cabinets use to be a natural maple, no stain, I considered them pretty drab looking. We had added a white subway tile backsplash and plantation shutters a year ago and we have recently added a the stainless steel french door refrigerator, we originally had all white appliances and were in the process of switching over to stainless. We also just had the wood floors installed in the kitchen and DR by Great Lakes right after the cabinets were finished.

Before

The Villages Florida

After

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 04-27-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.