Anyone used Floormasters for tile installation?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Default Anyone used Floormasters for tile installation?

Has anyone used Floormasters for tile installation? Did you have a positive experience? How long did it take, and what the process?

Thank you.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordenny View Post
Has anyone used Floormasters for tile installation? Did you have a positive experience? How long did it take, and what the process?

Thank you.

Used them for laminate and very satisfied. It would be best to talk to them about the process. I know tile takes more time than laminate due to the curing process. I found them very efficient. Laminate delivered and laid on schedule. I am familiar enough with the process that I could tell these guys knew what they were doing. When they left every thing was clean and they installed pads (I furnished them) on all furniture.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Gold member

We bought all our materials from Floormaster, but because of some very negative comments on TOTV (do a search) we used Alexander Tile to do the install and they did a great job.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage
Default Anyone used Floormasters for tile installation?

Quote:

Thank you.

We have used FloorMasters both for laminate and tile installation. And bought the materials from them as well. We're very pleased. The installation time will vary depending on the size and complexity of the job.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Veteran member

Have Mike Wilson do the installation, you won't be disappointed. 352- 638-7979
Old 10-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Supplies bought from Floormasters but used one of their contractors to do the work. Eddie did an excellent job and also did our back splash in the Kitchen. Neat job no problems. If you want his # PM me.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ and our beautiful house in The Village of Hillsborough

We used The Floor Shoppe in Wildwood. They did a great job. Highly recommend them.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Default Floormasters

We had them tile our house.
What a mistake!! It took them three weeks to do and they would not get a room complete until the third week. My wife and I moved all our furniture into the lanai so they would have a straight shot to get it done but it did not make a difference when they would not get started until 9 and leave at 1!!
One day one guy was vacuuming and we could see a lot of dust in the air. I stopped him as he just kept going. HE DID NOT HAVE A BAG IN THE VACUUM!!! If you tap all the tiles you can hear that half of them sound hollow which means there is not enough cement under them and they will eventually crack or pop up. I would not recommend them!!!!
We did use Wildwood Flooring to tile our lanai and birdcage and would recommend them!!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Thank you.
Yes, just recently. Floormasters installed LVT (luxury vinyl tile plank flooring on top of the worn engineered wood flooring throughout living area of my home. Floormasters did a beautiful job. Patrick and Chris were the best installers we've ever had. The floors are beautiful! I would highly recommend Floormasters.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Used Floormasters and will NEVER use them again!

Old 01-05-2016, 04:12 PM

We used them 3 years ago for tile in kitchen and baths. We were very pleased.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:50 PM

The Floor Shoppe (Jason or Rick) does a superb job. They are much less expensive than Floor Masters and their work is excellent. Floor Shoppe is located next to Chefs of Napoli in the strip shopping center just north of Floor Masters.

We used them extensively for our tile and wood floors. Floor Shoppes' wood floor price for our home was $800 less than Floor Masters.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:18 PM

Just had laminate installed in my house by Floor Shoppe. Good price and outstanding quality of product and installation. Need to check them out.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Default Tile install by Floor Masters or Great Lakes Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Used Floormasters and will NEVER use them again!
Could you please be more specific WHY you would never use Floor Masters? We are installing "wood look" PORCELAIN tile throuout our house and we are considering Floor Masters & Great Lakes Flooring.

All input on this product & installation companies would be appreciated.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:24 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzoom View Post
Could you please be more specific WHY you would never use Floor Masters? We are installing "wood look" PORCELAIN tile throuout our house and we are considering Floor Masters & Great Lakes Flooring.

All input on this product & installation companies would be appreciated.
sent you a private message

Closed Thread

Tags
installation, tile, floormasters, process, positive, experience, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.