Caribongos in Lake Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Caribongos in Lake Sumter Landing

Nice little store that sells T-shirts that change colors, trinkets, necklaces, and other touristy stuff. Nice, at least, until I tried to return a necklace that my daughter had purchased just this morning. It fell from my granddaughter's neck at lunchtime. I walked into the store. My greeting was "the only way those break is if they are pulled off". When I explained that wasn't the case, the clerk accused me of being "rude" (I wasn't...asking for a repair or replacement in a business like is apparently being rude). She said that she had no tools. No, she was going to replace it. So, I went home, dug out some tools, put it under a loupe, and was able to repair it myself (the clasp was defective). Soooooo, if you want to buy cool stuff at a touristy store at touristy prices, go there. Just don't expect to be able to return anything. We have crossed the store off our list.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Buy with AMEX

That's why I tend to buy things and services with my AMEX.

Just have to dispute the charge and let AMEX deal with merchant.

It has always worked well for us!

Len

From Caddy Shack!:
Tony D'Annunzio: Well I ain't paying no 50 cents for no coke.
Danny Noonan: Oh then you ain't getting no coke
Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

AND, you are sOOOOOOOO right! However, this time my daughter paid cash..it was a small purchase (this time) however she has dropped some serious bucks in there previously...but no more!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.