Appliance Repair service

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Default Appliance Repair service

Can anyone recommend an appliance repair service? My electric dryer needs to be looked at. Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Default Re: Appliance Repair service

Call Sears I used them and felt comfatble with them
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Default Re: Appliance Repair service

I used Fredericks Appliance for my dryer. I called and they were at my house within 30 minutes. The repairman was very knowledgeable and passed on some good information that I would like to tell all of you. Every couple of years you need to clean out the airducts of the dryer. Yep the ones up on the roof of your house. These get plugged and cause the dryer to overheat and the safety feature shuts it off. If you can not feel much air being sucked into the filter area you probably need to clean it out. Nice preventative tip. They had to replace the highlimit fuse set on my dryer $150....they also would clean the ducts for an additional $120 but I passed on that and had my husband on the roof and the duct up there was plugged......So beware, be safe.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Location: Mpls. MN, Indpls. IN, Chicago IL, LaMirada CA, Clearwater:Pinellas Park:Tampa:Viera FL-The Villages
Default Broward Factory Service

Has anyone signed up with them? Our GE warranty is coming up and we can't see paying what they're asking to re-up.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!! GET INVOLVED!!!:

Last edited by BJ Spencer; 08-24-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Gold member
Angry

Sorry , can't help with dryer repair but.... anyone have suggestions for refrigerator repair? I've had it with GE appliances and repairmen. As we speak, my side x side is making an unusual noise which seems to be coming from the water/ice dispenser area and NO WATER OR ICE WILL DISPENSE!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Sage

I can give you a second hand recommendation for Broward. One of my mahjong buddies had them in her previous home outside the Villages and had to use their service/warranty plan on a washer. She said they performed as expected with no question about covering the repair. She engaged them again when she moved to TV. She implied their annual cost to cover/service all your appliances is extremely reasonable.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Eternal Member

I used Frederick's for an oven problem. The igniter went bad. I also had them clean my dryer air duct while they were there but I don't remember them charging that much to clean out the air duct and they did a great job doing that. They also cleaned all of the lint of of the dryer areas that I can't reach.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.