Atliantis Car Wash...Am I expecting too much

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Atliantis Car Wash...Am I expecting too much

Four years ago I would take my car to The Villages Car Wash....it was slow and the product wasn't that great. I then moved to Atlantis based on friends recommendations and we have had a great 4 year relationship. A couple weeks ago I got in the end of the line, took about 20 minutes to get to the gate and when I asked for an All Hands was told they weren't doing anything except Express Wash. I said why don't you put a sign at the beginning of the entrance when that happens so people don't have to sit in line. I left, went to The Villages Car wash and was pleasantly surprised. They also had a long line but provided full service and the end product was better than I remember. Today, went to Atlantis and had the same experience. Asked for a manager and the young man said he was the manager. His attitude was we did 700 cars to that point and I could either get an Express of leave (took that to mean he didn't need my business). He also said he didn't have the manpower to run back and forth with a sign. Of course I left, went to The Villages Car wash and again, good product so, I guess they are now my go to Car Wash. Oh yeah, before you post, I know I could get a superior wash, no waiting, and great service if I did the car myself.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-23-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,602 Times in 5,194 Posts

I tried to just say no, but that was too short. So, no, no, no.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:19 PM

So they are open again. Went last week and they were closed down 'for maintenance.' They had a big Help Wanted sign up front. My guess is they cannot get enough workers.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Veteran member

Whats the cost at TV
Old 03-23-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

I prefer to do my own washing and waxing and have done so all my life I do not like trying to clean the inside of the front and rear windows anymore as I can't move around like I used to. It's quicker for me to wash my car than to drive to a car wash and back and I know it's done right.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:56 PM

As of right now, Saturday 3/23 at 3>55 PM Altantis website shows all the services as available.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsetc View Post
As of right now, Saturday 3/23 at 3>55 PM Altantis website shows all the services as available.
They shut them down arbitrarily and if they don't have the manpower to put a sign at the beginning of the line I doubt they update their website.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Whats the cost at TV
The silver was $25.00, comparable to Atlantis All Hands.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

Today I learned that some folks wash their cars more than once a year!

But I've found that The Village wash easily meets my meager needs. The set-up at Atlantis was a bit confusing the only time I went there; wasn't quite sure what line to use or what service I was getting.

@Northerner52 -- the prices are pretty typical, I think. $10 for exterior only and $25 for the "silver" version in the middle.

[Excuse: I only drive it ~400 miles annually and don't go offroading, have pets or make messes.]
Old 03-23-2019, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

JoMar, a young man who worked the late shift at Dunkin Donuts worked the Mornings at Atlantis and said they were really rough to work for and the Motovational Music was played way too loud. Therefore a whole lotta turnover.

Same thing with me with a friends car about a week ago, it rained in the morning and then cleared up. The guy told me it would be an hour and a half to get the full treatment for his van. I waited. The van was on better shape than the day it was delivered to him in 2006. It's not cheap but they do a great job at a tough job. They wouldn't admit it but they sent the staff home because of the weather, it was obvious.

They should have a guestimation sign at the entrance. That's FULL SERVICE.

I've tried The Villages Car Was twice and they must have been having a bad day.

The Dunkin Donuts Man who was just trying to pay his rent and feed his family with the extra hours said the pay was $5 an hour and they split the tips. That may or may not be fake reporting.

I'm sticking with Atlantis with ear protection.

P.S. You are not expecting to much at all, especially at those prices.

Last edited by Nucky; 03-23-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

I really miss a great carwash.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Have yet to go to a car wash in FL but up north I pay between $5-10 pull in, ride through and off I go. Not sure what else is involved in FL that costs $25.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Have yet to go to a car wash in FL but up north I pay between $5-10 pull in, ride through and off I go. Not sure what else is involved in FL that costs $25.
The drive through car wash at the Marathon station on 44 next to Rohan does a nice job for between $5-$10. I use it when the inside is ok but the outside isn't. I use Full Service once, sometimes twice a month at $25.00

Old 03-24-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Four years ago I would take my car to The Villages Car Wash....it was slow and the product wasn't that great. I then moved to Atlantis based on friends recommendations and we have had a great 4 year relationship. A couple weeks ago I got in the end of the line, took about 20 minutes to get to the gate and when I asked for an All Hands was told they weren't doing anything except Express Wash. I said why don't you put a sign at the beginning of the entrance when that happens so people don't have to sit in line. I left, went to The Villages Car wash and was pleasantly surprised. They also had a long line but provided full service and the end product was better than I remember. Today, went to Atlantis and had the same experience. Asked for a manager and the young man said he was the manager. His attitude was we did 700 cars to that point and I could either get an Express of leave (took that to mean he didn't need my business). He also said he didn't have the manpower to run back and forth with a sign. Of course I left, went to The Villages Car wash and again, good product so, I guess they are now my go to Car Wash. Oh yeah, before you post, I know I could get a superior wash, no waiting, and great service if I did the car myself.
Perhaps you neglected to mention that they do not do All Hands on Deck only on Sundays.
Closed Thread

Tags
wash, car, product, line, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.