Attic Insulation Contractors ????

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Default Attic Insulation Contractors ????

I am interested in adding insulation to my home over the lanai area...... we are enclosing this area in a few weeks..... any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!!
Old 10-02-2018, 04:35 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I am typically quite cautious about giving recommendations. However, I have had the opportunity to work with Timberwood many times and found them to be honest, ethical, and do a very good job insulating attic spaces, Lanai's, etc. I have seen them fix issues other companies have made.

The contact person is Wade for their insulation sales. His number is 352-661-0159.

I have found most insulation contractors to have very close estimates, as it is not difficult to figure out one's needs. For me it comes down to who can I trust to do a good job and not short a person on the amount of insulation, etc.

Timberwood would be my first and only choice in The Villages.

Hope that helps!

Frank D.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

Thanks. I did not raise the question but have been thinking about trying to do something to keep it cooler here as I have a western exposure. Timberwood did the original cabinetry in my home 11 years ago and I have had them do mor since moving in. They are an excellent and trustworthy company and stand behind their work. I did not know they did insulation. Thanks for the recommendation
Old 10-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Insulco insulated the area over my garage to R38, blown in, for $520.00.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info....... appreciate your comments and insights!!
Old 10-03-2018, 07:09 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

If it's not, insulate above your garage too.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Gold member

We have Duke Energy, and they have a Home Energy Audit Program. They will do it for free every 5 years. We just had 6" of insulation added to our attic due to their recommendations and they paid for part of it. I would recommend everyone have the free energy audit done, it checks everything then you decide if you want to do any improvements at reduced costs.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 AM

I also used Timberwood. They did a great job. I had them re-do my house insulation, add insulation over my lanai and garage. My electric bill is down a third and my ac doesn't run nearly as much. Which saves wear and tear on your ac unit. Timberwood 352-638-6239
Old 10-15-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
I am typically quite cautious about giving recommendations. However, I have had the opportunity to work with Timberwood many times and found them to be honest, ethical, and do a very good job insulating attic spaces, Lanai's, etc. I have seen them fix issues other companies have made.

The contact person is Wade for their insulation sales. His number is 352-661-0159.

I have found most insulation contractors to have very close estimates, as it is not difficult to figure out one's needs. For me it comes down to who can I trust to do a good job and not short a person on the amount of insulation, etc.

Timberwood would be my first and only choice in The Villages.

Hope that helps!

Frank D.
Thank you for the Recommendation....... Timberwood Insulation Contractors ( Wade) was great to work with........
Closed Thread

Tags
area, insulation, enclosing, weeks, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.