Attorney for DL Suspension

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2018, 11:23 AM
Sage
Default Attorney for DL Suspension

A relative in the area had a single car accident and...without going into details...is facing a DL suspension as a result. No illicit substances involved or anything like that. Just an unexplained medical event.

We’re just looking for some legal guidance through the DL reinstatement process, which can be a bit ‘messy’. Not suing anybody or anything like that.

Any recommendations?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I have a friend that had a similar thing happen to him.

Although he resisted, he was finally talked into going to a doctor and they found something wrong with his heart that made it beat really fast and for a better term...he "browned out" and hit a parked car.

Once he had his diagnosis, he was able to get the 'reckless driving' removed from his record (I think he still had to pay the fine though).

IIRC though, I don't think he actually lost his license...so your relative might be a different scenario.

Anyway, my suggestion would still be to make sure your friend gets to a doctor ASAP and figures out the reason for the "medical event."

That might be the start to figuring out how to get their DL reinstated.

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Was a seizure the cause? State Driving Laws Database | Epilepsy Foundation

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-23-2018, 03:50 PM
Platinum member

Hope you are able to resolve this to your liking but as a possible other driver getting hit I hope your friend does find out the cause. Just for safety sake for all of us.
Closed Thread

Tags
suspension, legal, guidance, reinstatement, medical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.