Auto body repair recommendation wanted

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Default Auto body repair recommendation wanted

Does anyone know of an honest body and fender mechanic? I need some scratches buffed out of my car....
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM

I like Bob at The Paint Shoppe on 466a a little east of Burkes BBQ.....(255-7675) BTW, he used to work in the factory painting Excaliber roadsters!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Send a message via AIM to Diveda

Bring a voice activated tape recorder if you find yourself at Car Guys in lady lake. I was paying out of pocket and was told the estimate the computer spits out is for insurance claims. Mine will be lower. I was also told they would buff and patch a minor area on the finder. Also I was told to bring the car in on tues and pick up thurs. As I was renting a replacement car, I was annoyed when told the car wouldn't be ready until fri as due to the cold they can't paint. Friday was no warmer yet it was ready then. The bill was $35.00 MORE than the estimate! Not lower. They had meant to call me, but didn't. After some discussion, they were kind enough to lower it $30.00. The minor bumper area was not touched. They said they tried to buff, but it didn't work. When I got home a little nail polish remover fixed that. I will say the repair they did was good. Car Guys took over in Nov. a shop with honest, straight talking folks. Not so now.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Eternal Member

Philips Auto Body, in Fruitland park does a good job at fair pricing. On 441 on the west side of the street just North of Walmart.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Platinum member

Try Executive Auto on Rt 441 about 4-5 miles north of Rt 42. They did a very tricky metalflake repaint job for me. It was flawless and less expensive than two other places quoted.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:16 PM

Used Executive Auto a yr. ago & I am VERY SATISFIED with their work!
Old 01-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Try Executive Auto on Rt 441 about 4-5 miles north of Rt 42. They did a very tricky metalflake repaint job for me. It was flawless and less expensive than two other places quoted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
Used Executive Auto a yr. ago & I am VERY SATISFIED with their work!
Me too, on both counts. They did a tricky metal flake paint job on a dent and you still can't see where it begins or ends.

If you can get past the fact that the owner talks incessantly, you'll be very satisfied.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
I like Bob at The Paint Shoppe on 466a a little east of Burkes BBQ.....(255-7675) BTW, he used to work in the factory painting Excaliber roadsters!
I have used this shop also and was very pleased with their pricing and their work.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Gold member

Great information
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 AM

I recommend Executive Collision Repair, as a former Insurance Auto Damage Appraiser for Liberty Mutual, and USAA, hands down they are the best around. I almost went to work for them part time but decided to stay retired.
Directions to them are on an earlier post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveda View Post
Bring a voice activated tape recorder if you find yourself at Car Guys in lady lake. I was paying out of pocket and was told the estimate the computer spits out is for insurance claims. Mine will be lower. I was also told they would buff and patch a minor area on the finder. Also I was told to bring the car in on tues and pick up thurs. As I was renting a replacement car, I was annoyed when told the car wouldn't be ready until fri as due to the cold they can't paint. Friday was no warmer yet it was ready then. The bill was $35.00 MORE than the estimate! Not lower. They had meant to call me, but didn't. After some discussion, they were kind enough to lower it $30.00. The minor bumper area was not touched. They said they tried to buff, but it didn't work. When I got home a little nail polish remover fixed that. I will say the repair they did was good. Car Guys took over in Nov. a shop with honest, straight talking folks. Not so now.

Just remember that Florida is a 2 party consent state, you must get permission to record or you will be breaking the law.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Bob Bachelor is no longer at The Paint Shoppe (which is closed). He is now at Auto & Truck Paint & Body at 2335 N. US Hwy 441 (255-7675). I recently had two cars repaired by Bob -- my car and the car I hit. He did an outstanding job and at a very fair price. I got several estimates from local body shops -- Bob's was the fairest and the work was really excellent. I couldn't be happier with the results.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:08 PM

Divida I am sorry you had a bad experience when we first took over the business. I am not sure of all the details but i sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Platinum member

I'm headed for Car Guys for an estimate and repairs on Thursday based upon recommendation from USAA Insurance.

I selected them from a group of local repair places because I saw on their web site that they also do car restorations. I figure that car restorers should be pretty skilled.

We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitchell@carguysautomoti View Post
Divida I am sorry you had a bad experience when we first took over the business.
...........I AM NOT SURE OF ALL THE DETAILS........... but i sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.
In My Humble Opinion....

Details are extremely important....
.......when doing auto repairs and Paint and Body work.
One incorrect letter in a part number sequence could result in safety issues...
..especially when ordering steering or suspension components

An apology is directed to a ...DIVIDA
........................................and their name is DIVEDA.

This is not a "call out", but rather an example of how easily an
incorrect Alpha or Numeric in a business transaction
can completely change a situation.

In response to Orig.Poster....
Executive Auto Collision in Summerfield 352-307-6500
has done a few jobs for friends and family...
...you will never find a flaw with their work.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.