Recommendation - Mattress Store

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2008, 02:32 AM
Default Recommendation - Mattress Store

Any recommendations? I did a TOTV search and about the only info I found was that Southern Lifestyle is quite expensive for mattresses. Any info appreciated...

TIA,

John
Old 03-31-2008, 02:54 AM
Sage
Default Re: Recommendation - Mattress Store

We bought our king-size mattress over the phone from Southern Lifestyles before we arrived in TV. They set up the bed for us so we would have a comfortable place to sleep after a long drive from Canada. They offer a "comfort trial" which means after 30 days, the mattress can be returned and another mattress can be picked.

If you buy from Southern Lifestyles, they will also send someone every three months to rotate the mattress, no charge .. an especially nice feature if you have a king-size mattress.

I think there are probably less expensive options, but Southern Lifestyles service was A1! :#1:
Old 03-31-2008, 06:44 AM

I cannot recommend a store but I can tell you one that I would not buy from. That is MATTRESS MARKET. They are located across from Home Depot. We bought a mattress for over $3000 and are still arguing with them and Sealy. This took place back in Noovember. I will spare you all the details and wasted phone calls
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Pricing/buying/testing a mattress has got to be the one of the most complex decisions one makes. There is no obvious way to compare prices since each store has different names on their mattress and testing them for a few minutes isn't the same as sleeping on one for a night or the rest of your life. After testing many mattresses and going to a few stores we finally bought 2 at Dr Snooze on 441. I think we got a real good deal and they treated us real fairly. (In all honesty we might have also bought there because I just got so tired of look and trying out mattresses and sleeping on a Blowup that I finally gave up - when they gave us a great price)
Now does anyone know a good back doctor ? ONLY KIDDING - or am I?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Sage

Wal-Mart Sporting Goods Dept. The $75 air mattress is great.

Our place is very sparsely furnished until we retire next winter. We have a new Murphy bed in what will be the Computer room and usually use it when we are in TV. This last trip in January we had 6 relatives staying with us for two weeks. We bought a bunch of air mattresses and used one ourselves - forget the Murphy Bed from now on its the Wally World Air Mattress!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I had a pretty bad experience with Southern Lifestyles, I'd not recommend them.
Prices are high, and Serta mattresses (even the premium) are not what they used to be.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Platinum member
Default A recommendation for Dr. Snooze

We have just had a pleasant buying experience with Dr. Snooze Mattress.
Andre, the salesman, offered us different choices at different prices, including mismatched sets. He promised that the bedding would be delivered when we wanted (within limits of their schedule) and they were. After reading other recommendations about Dr. Snooze, it is the only place we shopped and are happy with that decision. (I do not like to shop).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.