Auto Insurance State Farm?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Arrow Auto Insurance State Farm?

I am thinking of switching to State Farm Auto Insurance.

Are they good at paying claims?

Do rates go up every 6 months?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post

Well, if they are paying claims good or otherwise your rates will certainly go up. Yes they all go up around here for some reason. It was cheaper in NJ for better coverage and my rates stayed just about the same for many years in a row. I though NJ was tough with insurance. Here they seem to go back 5yrs for any claims. Someone keyed my car in a mall up north 4 yrs before and it was a hit against my new insurance when I moved down here. Never had an accident or moving violation ticket but that claim cost me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage

Because the density of the aging population here and the ever increasing number of daily motor vehicle/wheeled vehicle incidents the coverage risks are significantly higher.
The deteriorating physical capability of the elderly contributes significantly to the accident/claim rate.

I am sure there are accident statistics for TV demographics available some where. Just google motor vehicle accident rates in florida then search county of interest.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post

Yes and yes.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Sage

You didn't say who you're switching from? I had USAA, it's for veterans and suppose to be cheaper than the others. I went with them when I was up north in Baltimore, I had two cars for $901 a year. I moved here and went with one car in a CYV and I was paying $860 a year. In 2017 I was driving a new Camaro, in April 2018 I traded in the Camaro for the Hyundai Kona in my avatar. It's a crossover SUV that listed for $16,000 less than the Camaro did the year before.

They raised my insurance to $900 a year when I got the Kona, just a $40 increase, but still it made no sense since the car was much less expensive and the Camaro was a sports car. I called and conplained but they wouldn't lower the rate. Then in December my new bill arrived and it was a $1,000. Needless to say, I started looking around. I had no tickets, no accidents in 2017 or 2018. I was rear-ended in spring 2016 and the other driver's insurance paid everything, even my rental car. He had Travelers Insurance.

There is a website that you fill out your info and it will be you prices from several companies. I did that, and Progressive and eInsurance were a little cheaper, about $25. However, AAA Insurance is only $806 a year for the same coverage on my Kona that had with USAA. My neighbor that I play golf with, has AAA and he said they were great. You do have to join AAA for $66 a year, but you get a lot of benefits for that money, including towing.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

I have never been a State Farm customer, but their agents keep sending me junk mail. I asked them to stop, but they just ignored me.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never been a State Farm customer, but their agents keep sending me junk mail. I asked them to stop, but they just ignored me.
Same here. It's like twice a month.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:15 AM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Yes and yes.
Much appreciated.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:21 AM

State Farm has a reputation of high rates, but good at paying claims.
Hard to beat Progressive. USAA is a ripoff that will insure anyone willing to pay their rates, even if you think a relative is a veteran.
Thank you
Old 02-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Because the density of the aging population here and the ever increasing number of daily motor vehicle/wheeled vehicle incidents the coverage risks are significantly higher.
The deteriorating physical capability of the elderly contributes significantly to the accident/claim rate.

I am sure there are accident statistics for TV demographics available some where. Just google motor vehicle accident rates in florida then search county of interest.
I understand, thank you, so much.

Last edited by Dancing Queen; 02-12-2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: appreciation

Tags
auto, state, farm, insurance, rates