Auto transport

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Auto transport

Looking for reference for a auto transport co. to take a car from Florida to Upstate NY?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:22 PM

I’ve used East-West Auto Transport to get 2 cars from upstate NY to TV. No issues, hidden fees, delivered ahead of schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Looking for reference for a auto transport co. to take a car from Florida to Upstate NY?
If it is a car you treasure, consider using Passport (enclosed trailer). They have shipped several classic cars for me and did an excellent job.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 03-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Veteran member
Default Shank Brothers Auto Transport

I used Shank Brothers in Endicott NY to deliver my 71 Jag XKE to The Villages about 5 year ago. After failing with national auto transport companies who couldn't deliver my auto at a given price and keep raising the price as my drop dead date approached, I contacted Shank Brothers who found me a transport at the price I wanted in a very short period of time. I was also very pleased with the transport and their service. I've recommended them to a few others who have seemed pleased also. BTW I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than a very pleased customer. I considered closed transport but finally decided on open, mainly due to the significant difference in price and harder availability. In my case, the car arrived as good as it went on. I would also suggest having a good idea what "the going rate" for a transport to your area is. The transport companies will give you a quote and some ask you what your willing to play. The more your willing to pay of course you the easier it is to get a transport but you should be able to get one at "the going rate" which is what I paid for mine.

Their number is
(607) 727-7346

Last edited by dadspet; 03-14-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added a few more details
Closed Thread

Tags
auto, transport, florida, upstate, reference

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.