Automaster of Leesburg - BEWARE

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 PM

The previous owner of Automaster was great - took great care of my Mini. Now completely different - and I started to go to All German Autoworks in Leesburg. I’m sure there are also other good repair shops people can recommend, but not Automaster anymore.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

I've have had good luck with Automasters (new and previous). They are the only ones in the area (for many miles) that will even look at my 71 XKE Jaguar let alone work on it and have done decent work. Believe me, it takes a certain amount of skill to tackle and work on a 4 carb V12 1971, real wire wheel, independent disk brake rear suspension, Jag. I've tried a few other places that I've heard did good work and they won't even change the tires or replace a few bolts I told them had to be replaced ( I like to tinker but it's getting tougher). Most have said either they don't have the skill or can't spend the time required. Automasters will look for the parts required from several Jaguar vendors (Not local auto zone or etc), order them or give me the option to get my own and have even fabricated something they couldn't find a replacement for. BTW I wouldn't dream or even think of taking my Jag to a new car Jaguar dealer (closest Orlando, Tanpa) because I don't think they would have the skill (Could be wrong ?) or want to invest the time and I couldn't afford them learning on my car or driving the distance for service. I have had a few issues but they have backed up their work and corrected it. So I guess its what your frame of reference is and what you're looking for but at least, for the time being, I will continue to use them for service and pray I don't need much (so far for a 47yr old car I've been fairly lucky).

BTW if you have any recommendations for Jag mechanics let me know.
Also, I will be considering repainting my Jag within a year if you have recommendation also let me know.
Closed Thread

Tags
rotors, kia, car, beware, brake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.