Watch out for The Blind Man business

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Gold member
Smile Watch out for The Blind Man business

We responded to an ad in the Daily Sun that advertised entire home cleaning of your blinds for only $100. After arriving to do the work, the contractor stated the price was only for slatted horizontal blinds. Our three vertical blinds would cause in increase to $175. We saw thru this blind man's ploy and refused his service.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
We responded to an ad in the Daily Sun that advertised entire home cleaning of your blinds for only $100. After arriving to do the work, the contractor stated the price was only for slatted horizontal blinds. Our three vertical blinds would cause in increase to $175. We saw thru this blind man's ploy and refused his service.
Warren. There is a paper magazine somewhere who needs your expertise with compelling and provocative titles. WOW.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I can see an extra charge for verticals. Maybe the next time you should state very clearly what you have and what you expect. One hundred dollars to thoroughly clean the window blinds in a three bedroom home seems more than fair.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I can see an extra charge for verticals. Maybe the next time you should state very clearly what you have and what you expect. One hundred dollars to thoroughly clean the window blinds in a three bedroom home seems more than fair.
It was his ad in the Daily Sun not mine. His ad should have been more specific. But I find this happens a lot, a contractor advertises a flat rate for such things as carpet cleaning but, when arriving to do the work, there are always extra costs.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
It was his ad in the Daily Sun not mine. His ad should have been more specific. But I find this happens a lot, a contractor advertises a flat rate for such things as carpet cleaning but, when arriving to do the work, there are always extra costs.
They all do this type of advertising. Try buying a new car for the price they state in the paper. The car is always a stripped down model and when you get through getting the options you may want, you always wind-up paying more.

I would have called and got their rates before they arrived.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.