Appliance Direct

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Gold member
Default Appliance Direct

My six year old Maytag washer died over the weekend, the victim of the continuing decline in appliance quality. Rather than pay an exorbitant repair bill and still be left with a mediocre appliance, I decided to purchase a new washer/dryer pair and get the simplest, most straight forward appliances I could find. I went to Appliance Direct in Fruitland Park on Sunday and bought their specially priced pair (Whirlpool) for a total of $702.00, including tax, delivery and setup. There are only a few diferent cycles on each, which is perfect. I just want to hit start and in an hour or so, transfer the laundry to the dryer. Hit start again, and fold them in another hour or so. Hopefully these will do the trick, but I don't expect them to last all that long - nothing does anymore.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

That's a " WACKY NU NU "
Old 12-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage

Ten years ago we bought our washer/dryer from Appliance Direct. Ours are probably similar to the specifications you were looking for. We've only had a couple of times of needing a repair man for them. One was with the dial on the washer (simple fix) and the other also was something inexpensive and fixable (though I can't remember what now). I'd go back to these people in the event we need replacements of any of our appliances. We just want something to work well and not have a lot of bells and whistles to get the job done.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
My six year old Maytag washer died over the weekend, the victim of the continuing decline in appliance quality. Rather than pay an exorbitant repair bill and still be left with a mediocre appliance, I decided to purchase a new washer/dryer pair and get the simplest, most straight forward appliances I could find. I went to Appliance Direct in Fruitland Park on Sunday and bought their specially priced pair (Whirlpool) for a total of $702.00, including tax, delivery and setup. There are only a few diferent cycles on each, which is perfect. I just want to hit start and in an hour or so, transfer the laundry to the dryer. Hit start again, and fold them in another hour or so. Hopefully these will do the trick, but I don't expect them to last all that long - nothing does anymore.
We have 26 year old washer and dryer in Mn, asked an appliance person about replacement. "use them until they quit, may last longer than new ones"
Closed Thread

Tags
appliance, start, hit, pair, hour

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.