Carpets in an Amarillo need streching

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Smile Carpets in an Amarillo need streching

We bought an Amarillo 3 br ranch in 2007. We were visiting last week and noticed that the carpets are buckling. We called a person who was recommended in Duval and he said that he is sending out flyers because he does carpet streching. I sent him a check and he will do this while we are still up North. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Probably after we are down there for a few months we may look into tile or wood. Which is better, hard wood or tile or vinyl flooring. Any advice would be greatly appreached. Thanks, JanetandCarol
Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Platinum member

We had to have our carpet stretched twice in the 1st 5 years (it was a new house). Finally ripped up the carpet and put tile down. Love the tile!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetandCarol View Post
We bought an Amarillo 3 br ranch in 2007. We were visiting last week and noticed that the carpets are buckling. We called a person who was recommended in Duval and he said that he is sending out flyers because he does carpet streching. I sent him a check and he will do this while we are still up North. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Probably after we are down there for a few months we may look into tile or wood. Which is better, hard wood or tile or vinyl flooring. Any advice would be greatly appreached. Thanks, JanetandCarol
Been in our Amarillo 8 plus years and never had a problem requiring stretching. Problem is dust mites and I am allergic to them so we are in the process of replacing with laminate as I can do it myself and it is not expensive. We have had tile in past homes but feel it is too hard and cold. Would like real wood but too expensive.
I didn't realize how much filth carpet harbors. We have had ours cleaned a few times and vacuumed regularly and when I pulled it up it was disgusting. Had I realized this earlier I would have removed the carpeting even if I hadn't had the dust mite problem.
Once you have hard floors you will realize how much dirt enters your house by the number of Swifter replacements you use.
BTW. our kitchen and baths are vinyl but the kitchen will soon be tile.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Default Carpet Stretching and do not buy from Griffis Carpet in Ocala

Janetand Carol,
We bought a Jasmine in 2006. Our carpets are a mess and need stretching too. The carpet continues to loose fibers in the sweeper. It is like the carpet is falling apart. Installer was Griffis Tile & Flooring in Ocala.
I have asked them how long the Mohawk carpet is warranted. Since my initial phone call on October 8th and several phone call I do not have an answer. I would not recomend buying anything from Griffis in Ocala. POOR POOR SERVICE!!
Up north we never had to stretch carpet....
Thanks,
Old 11-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Smile Carpet Streching

Thanks for the notes. We did pay for the streching and it was done on November 13th according to "Empty Nests". I can't wait to see it.

JanetandCarol
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

the type of flooring you have doesn't change the need to clean, only the method is different, I prefer carpet because it is soft, walking on tole or wood causes problems with my back...ed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.