Bad landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Default Stucco on decorative bumps above windows

Yes...that's exactly what the builder failed to do was put stucco over the "top" of the decorative bump. All you say is what the builder failed to do on our house....just glad that I caught it before the damage got too bad.
Get a ladder out and get on top and check out your "bumps" you may find they have not been properly caulked over and painted as they should. Further, the higher up you got (yes 18 ft) over the arch of the house, you may find lots of uncaulked areas. BUYING A HOUSE HERE? HIRE a reputable QA inspector to get up there and check these least checked issues out....you'll be glad you did. Dont' relie on the Village Developer to do that for you. You get whatever building they assign to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quill View Post
Navyco
Would you explain what you mean by having caulk above your windows and doors. I assume you mean on the top of the decorative bump outs? If so should that not already be covered by the stucco top coat and and not a problem? Or are you talking about immediately above the windows themselves? If so then the windows were not installed correctly as they are supposed to have a rubber membrane around the opening prior to window placement and stucco and also chaulked. The bump out goes on last and should not allow for water to seep in if the basic stucco job, (ie sealing prior to the stucco coats) is done correctly. Closing in Dec on a stucco home, so I would like to know more. And what kind of house do you have that requires an 18 foot latter to view these things? Or maybe a better question is where are you looking?
Thanks for any more help you can give.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 AM

NavyCO
Thank you for the info. Plan on checking as you say.
Quill
Closed Thread

Tags
landscaping, paradise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.