Bad Lawn Service

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Default Bad Lawn Service

For three months I have been using Leon & Associates to mow my lawn and trim bushes and hedges. He was charging $90 a month. Considering I had a lot of hedges and bushes that's not too bad. Everything went ok for the first month. They trimmed the bushes and mowed the lawn fine. I used them on a recommendation from "next door neighbor" site, and I wanted to use a "walk behind" mower service. Leon cam out I showed him the boundaries and the first two mowings were fine, then he sent a new crew, didn't know the boundaries and missed a good sized patch of grass. Called Cheryl Pavone, the person who handles payment and complaints. Leon came out and cut the missed part. Stuff happens. no problem Every week there after I got a different crew. Not good. Next time I spoke to Leon about problem of crews not knowing the boundaries, he complained that he couldn't keep good help. I asked him when he was going to trim the hedges and bushes, as they were getting pretty high above normal. He stated I was on the schedule for next week. The next mowing day, no show for my lawn crew. Later in the afternoon, I received an EMAIL from Cheryl Pavone, telling me that would not be doing my lawn any longer because Leon couldn't get good help and he was cutting back on customers who were his only ones on a street. when I hired him, I was the only one he had on this street. My neighbor hired him shortly after I did, he too complained about crews not knowing where boundaries were and cutting neighbors grass. Cheryl called him and dropped him.
Leon just didn't want to do the hedges and didn't give me any notice. It would have been nice to at least get a few weeks to find someone else. It appears that if you make any complaints or questions Leon and Associates will leave you high and dry. Be ware. I am buying a push mower and doing it myself.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:04 AM
Veteran member

That’s what I did seven years ago. Haven’t had a complaint or hassle since.

Tags
leon, lawn, good, bushes, hedges

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.