Latest Comcast Bill

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Eternal Member
Default Latest Comcast Bill

Got my new Comcast bill this month and it went up $6.12. Enclosed was a note that the Preferred Basic service would now be named Full Basic and no change in price to the package as a result of the change.

My March bill was 49.99 for Basic Cable (which included Digital Preferred) and 26.90 for Digital Cable (which included HDTV/DVR Service) or $76.89.

My April bill was 68.45 for Digital cable (included Full Basic and Digital Preferred ) and 13.95 for the HDTV/DVR service or $82.40.

What part of no change in price did I miss?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Sage
Default Re: Latest Comcast Bill

I dropped Comcast in Calif about 5 years ago because of all the price increases when it hit $56/mo

I went to Direct TV which now cost about $120/mo

No way to win unless you go back to rabbit ears and three channels
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Gold member

Grateful not to be dealing with Comcast, but as snowbirds up north we have Time Warner Cable, equally rotten to deal with. Wish we could do without and am constantly looking for ways to do so. Just received our online bill for Time Warner at home (which does include high-speed Internet access by Earthlink as we simply would NOT give it to Time Warner in the form of Roadrunner...), and for the first time it broke $100! At this point rabbit ears and three channels sound preferable--except that the three channels would likely be the same garbage that the 300 channels are. Can't win....
Old 04-05-2008, 02:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My Comcast bill in TV is $12 month.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Golfnut
What services are available to you for that price? Surely that isn't the entire bill. We are closing at end of this month and before we call we want to be sure we have basic cable and internet service. Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 AM

Comcast just took over from our previous cable cable company here in Indiana. They raised prices and there seems to be no way to contact them. Most thought customer service was poor under the previous company but Comcast has set even lower standards. The choice of those who have decided to switch seems to be AT&T's U-verse. It is just becoming available in our community on a street by street basis. We plan to switch as soon as it becomes available to our house. What options to Comcast are available in TV?

Our neighborhood is looking into a community network for Internet. I understand they are common in the Western states but less so this side of the Mississippi. Much less $$ than cable companies or DSL. Seems like it would be a natural for TV.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:54 AM

I would like ya'll input as well because we have to make a decision soon. Closing on 30th and move-in May 1st. We want basic cable (what we have here in Louisiana with Cox) and Internet service. We want to stick to just cell phones but if we have to get a land line for dial up we are not opposed. Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

Comcast has TV sewed up for cable tv, there is the dish option.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Eternal Member

gollfnut -

What do you get at Comcast for $12?
I pay $58.50 for High Speed Internet only. I have Dish TV

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I also have the $12 Comcast package and what you get is the very basic channels...ABC, CBS,NBC and FOX plus the Village channels (2 and weather) and there are some others to include (I think) Lifetime, and CSPAN. You also get a number of Spanish speaking channels. This is NOT Digital or HD TV. I know some people have this package and actually get more because the filters that Comcast use to block out channels are not perfect but that would be a bonus.
This package is not bad for Snowbirds or those people who own but not yet living here full time. Others have this pacakge simply to take advantage of the cheaper High Speed Interent service through Comcast.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw1819
gollfnut -

What do you get at Comcast for $12?
I pay $58.50 for High Speed Internet only. I have Dish TV
We have dish (200 channel package - $50.98 + taxes) and DSL ($29.95 + taxes) as a package with Embarq. The 3.0 DSL works fast enough for most applications, including downloading photos and videos. We had cable in NY, and I don't notice much difference.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

784 is correct for $12 you around 15 english speaking channels, not a lot of channels but I don't watch a lot of TV in TV.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage

Our Comcast Monthly Costs:

We pay $11 for Comcast Cable TV and $22.95 for Highspeed Net. Great deal.

When we go away for six months we "put Comcast to sleep". It then costs $6 for TV and $8 for Internet for a total of $14 per month.

By putting Comcast to sleep instead of disconnecting, we avoid reconnect/admin fees.

So far, Comcast has worked very well for us.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:58 AM

We're still in New York (LI) and have Verizon FIOS service. We are truly spoiled with it. Unfortunatly Verizon only serves the six counties around Tampa in Florida and it's unlikely they'll push their landline service out further. If we get to move to TV we'll probably get Direct TV and use a cable service for fast internet. I don't think Comcast comes close to the FIOS speed with is 20 megabit service.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 PM

$110 per month includes 2 DVR's along with broadband high speed INTERNET and includes access to thevillages.net for golf tee times.

Than from April to December its less than $10.00 to keep account active.

If you enjoy watching sports and good movies like wife and as I do in HD. Comcast works best for me.

I would prefer a FTA satellite hookup to watch Philly sports during the winter months but
can't find an installer for the dish.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.