Bates Exterminating

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Default Bates Exterminating

Anybody use them? They're 2 weeks late in treating my lawn and they don't seem to care much. They said they would be here when they get here.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Bates

No, only have noticed their advertising. However having said we get there when we get there deserves a resposne of "forget you" Thans for the heads up
Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 PM

We used Bates the first couple of years but happily let them go. Same problem you're having and our grass looked terrible. We have been with Massey ever since and the difference is like night and day. Grass and shrubs look terrific and they will come out in between service if you need them.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:09 PM

We were not happy regarding their service....disgraceful attitude. Know many many unhappy customers of theirs.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Gold member

I've used Bates on three houses over the years. (Still using them on 2 houses.)

I can only recall one time when they did not show as scheduled and they called me to let me know in advance.

They have responded every time I called with a problem. They even showed up twice for problems that I don't think were covered - one of them was mice.

Of the three of you with the issues - are all of these problems recent?

A side note: I had to visit the Bate's office once. I can tell you I wouldn't be able to work there for one day, the chemical smell would do me in in a hurry.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Bates Exterminating

From the various posts it beginning to sound like the "Bates Motel"
Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Default Bates

Sorry you are having a problem with Bates. We've been using them for the 5 years we've lived here and have no complaints. My neighbor has Massey and their lawn/grass looks no different than our lawn. It took me a while to get adjusted to the look of this type of grass. Up North we always had the greenest of grass. This empire zoysia doesn't always look great.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:03 PM

I used once a year and was unhappy with then and switched to Bates and am satisfied with their service. These are the only 2 I've used
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
I used once a year and was unhappy with then and switched to Bates and am satisfied with their service. These are the only 2 I've used
We use PTL , very happy with them and our lawn. They are eager to please, and they really are less expensive. Still use Massey for temite and my husband sprays for indoor bugs. We have not had a problem with bugs.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 PM

Bates exterminated our lawn. Ugh. Switched to Superior and are very happy.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
Anybody use them? They're 2 weeks late in treating my lawn and they don't seem to care much. They said they would be here when they get here.
We have been using Bates for a year and our lawn has never looked worse. They do respond (slowly) to our cries for help. Supervisors come and do a treatment and assure me it will take time, but things will improve. No matter what they do, our lawn continues to deteriorate. I'm growing resigned to looking at white grass.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

We have used Once A Year since 2002 and not without gripes, however, they do respond and make good when we've haggled with them. It's a crap shoot as to who's the best as everyone has their issues but we stick with OAY as they have aclnowledged our concerns and eventually shown an effort to fix the problems. Their prices are probably better than most, as well.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
You get what you pay for!!!!! We used them our first year here and were not satisfied with their services or attitude. Went to Massey's and never had a complaint yet. They come when you call them, but only once have we ever had to contact them for a particular issue during our 6 years. So, when you shop for a replacement, if it sounds to good to be true - guess what???
Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Veteran member

We have been using Bates for 4 years now, not for lawn but for bugs. No problems.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Default Bates

Quote:
We used them when we first moved here. Couldn't wait till the contract expired. We hired Massey and are thrilled. You can't believe the great service. Our lawn looks great! No bugs! They're awsome!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.