Bathroom re-do

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2021, 01:37 PM
Default Bathroom re-do

Has anyone used Re-Bath or Jetta Stone to put in a new shower. If so, how was your experience and if not do you have a recommendation
Old 01-16-2021, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyblue View Post
Has anyone used Re-Bath or Jetta Stone to put in a new shower. If so, how was your experience and if not do you have a recommendation
I had Jetta Stone redo our Master Bath in September. I started with an estimate from Doc's Restoration because of all their advertising, plus my neighbor had Doc's redo his kitchen and M/Bath. They did a great job. I figured I would spend up to $10,000. Doc's put on a nice presentation and their estimate was about $12,500.

I like the idea of no grout and had read a couple of good reviews on this board for Jetta Stone. They gave me an estimate of $8,000, but that price did not include the floors and all of the plumbing. That was the only part I didn't like, I had to pay the plumber and tile installer separately and deal with them separate. They work hand-in-hand with those two as far as scheduling, and work to be done, but you pick out your own tile and your own plumbing fixtures.

I had also considered calling Home Pro of Lady Lake and Kitchen & Bath Studios of Ocala on 466, but decided to go with Jetta Stone and get going because this was in June and the earliest appointment for work was mid September.

They started on time on the date scheduled, it took exactly 7 days for the job to be finished. They came on a Thursday and removed the old fiberglass shower stall, toilet, vanity and sink. That weekend with no work being done, I replaced the vanity light, I had ordered a light from Lowes and already had it at home, and I repainted the bathroom walls. I had ordered 60 square feet of tile from the Floor Shoppe on 301 which was about $200. Next the tile installer removed the old linoleum and baseboards, he installed the new tile, I didn't have grout, so he ran over to Lowe's and bought grout. He finished floors and came back the next day and put in new baseboards, I then paid him for his work of $525.

Next Jetta Stone installed the shower walls, the new white vanity, countertop with sink and they were done. The plumber came and installed the faucet, the toilet and the shower head and shower controls and grab bars. I had just bought the faucet the year before and wanted to reuse it, but the plumber said they only install new products they stock. Also the toilet I had picked a nice one at Home Depot for $200, that was also not going to work. You're kind of tied into the plumber because the controls and grab bars Jetta Stone pays them, but the other work you pay, so you really can't use a different plumber. So I had to buy their $200 faucet and $280 toilet and with their labor it was $850 for his work. I myself installed a new towel rack and toilet paper holder. I replaced the shower head with a better model with sprayer after they were all done.

All together it was just under $9,500 by the time I counted everything done and paid for. It probably would be less hands on with Doc's or maybe the others, but I'm use to doing work, in fact I was general contractor on a couple of homes I built, I didn't mind getting somewhat involved. I have some photos below.

I didn't get a clear shower door, I had one before and it was always a lot maintenance to keep clean. They wanted $1250 if I wanted one installed. I bought just a shower rod and use a curtain. If I want to get a door, a clear sliding door is only about $300 to $400 at Home Depot or Lowes and you can have them installed for about $200.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

If I decide later to install a glass door, I'll probably get this one for $317 at Lowes.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Basco-Infin...oor/1000168277

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
bathroom, experience, shower, re-do, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.