Beauty First—Kevin (formerly of Cal's in SS)

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Beauty First—Kevin (formerly of Cal's in SS)

For those of you who miss hair stylist Kevin, formerly of Cal’s Beauty Salon/Barber Shop in Spanish Springs, he has opened his own shop called BEAUTY FIRST on CR-466A in a strip mall next door to Jersey Mike’s Subs and close by to the new Aldi. He designed the shop itself, and what a change from the noise and bustle at Cal’s! It’s calm, quiet, and peaceful—and Kevin’s work on both my wife (wash/haircut/set, occasional perm) and myself (men’s haircut) is as well done as ever. His new phone number is 352-748-3300.

For those of you who are new to TV and are looking for an outstanding hair stylist/hair cutter, or those longer-time residents who are not quite satisfied with their current hair stylist/hair cutter, consider giving Kevin a try. He’s low key and a good listener as he works, and the atmosphere of his new jobsite is calming and gentle.

For those of you who are qualified in the State of Florida and are interested in working several hours or a day or two a week, Kevin has space in his shop. Call him to work out details.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
For those of you who miss hair stylist Kevin, formerly of Cal’s Beauty Salon/Barber Shop in Spanish Springs, he has opened his own shop called BEAUTY FIRST on CR-466A in a strip mall next door to Jersey Mike’s Subs and close by to the new Aldi. He designed the shop itself, and what a change from the noise and bustle at Cal’s! It’s calm, quiet, and peaceful—and Kevin’s work on both my wife (wash/haircut/set, occasional perm) and myself (men’s haircut) is as well done as ever. His new phone number is 352-748-3300.

For those of you who are new to TV and are looking for an outstanding hair stylist/hair cutter, or those longer-time residents who are not quite satisfied with their current hair stylist/hair cutter, consider giving Kevin a try. He’s low key and a good listener as he works, and the atmosphere of his new jobsite is calming and gentle.

For those of you who are qualified in the State of Florida and are interested in working several hours or a day or two a week, Kevin has space in his shop. Call him to work out details.
Do hair cuts still cost the same as at Cal's? 13 and seventeen?
Old 05-19-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,678 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Cal's in Colony Plaza charges 15 dollars for men and 17 dollars for women.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sorry, I don't know. My wife had a wash, haircut, style, and set; I had just a haircut. Total came to $41. Might be best to call and ask instead of guessing.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Oops, forgot to mention about Hair Stylist Kevin

I didn't think to mention this, since we ourselves are not familiar with this particular service. Kevin is a master at hair coloring. His work in colors can take years off one's appearance in an afternoon! Wow....

Also, Kevin has the space for part- or full-time hair stylists. Please contact him for details. Again, his phone number is 352-748-3300, and he's located next door to Jersey Mike's Subs in the strip mall near the new Aldi on CR-466a.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:21 AM

Had my hair done by Mary at Beauty First this week. What a wonderful experience. Mary did "color techniques" that were amazing. I am so happy with this new salon, it's refreshing, beautifully decorated, so calming, not all black and bling. Yes, the price is amazing, $72 for roots touch up and more, trim, wash, blow dry and style. They have a -$10 special this month. I highly recommend them!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Default Kevin is great.

I had the best wash/style/set that I ever had by Kevin in such a peaceful and quiet shop so different from the noise and craziness of Cals. I'll definitely be back to Kevin and Beauty First!
Closed Thread

Tags
shop, beauty, kevin, hair, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.