Behr Marquee vs Sherwin-Williams Paint

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Default Behr Marquee vs Sherwin-Williams Paint

According to Consumer Reports 2016 Buying Guide, Behr Marquee (Home Depot) paint is rated #1 with an overall score of 81 and a price of $43/gallon.
Sherwin-Williams Emerald and Duration Home are rated #16 and #17 with a score of 61 and an average price of $62.
Does anyone know why so many professional painters and interior decorators recommend (and use) Sherwin-Williams paint? I am baffled.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The pros don't pay retail.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
According to Consumer Reports 2016 Buying Guide, Behr Marquee (Home Depot) paint is rated #1 with an overall score of 81 and a price of $43/gallon.
Sherwin-Williams Emerald and Duration Home are rated #16 and #17 with a score of 61 and an average price of $62.
Does anyone know why so many professional painters and interior decorators recommend (and use) Sherwin-Williams paint? I am baffled.
I would rather have a root canal than buy paint at Home Depot especially if you are buying over a hundred gallons a week. With over 50 years experience I find Behr paint ropey and more difficult to use. I can call my order into Sherwin Williams and its delivered to my Truck, Job or warehouse. With a commercial discount I pay the same for Duration as Marquee and I don't have to charge my customer for all the MAN HOURS standing in line waiting to get the paint mixed, then standing in line to pay for it. Then driving to the job. Len
Old 02-08-2016, 04:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Well said, totally agree. I've used both many times and prefer the Sherwin Williams for longevity, and ease of use.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:44 PM

Why is the S-W rated so poorly?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:50 PM

Been a Sherwin Williams customer for over 30 years....
Old 02-09-2016, 04:40 AM
Default Behr Marquee vs Sherwin-Williams Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Why is the S-W rated so poorly?
That's what I was alluding to in my original post.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
I have been using BEHR for many many years. For "Do it yourselfers" this is my paint of choice with "One Coat Coverage"! Very easy to deal with and very durable and it has always rated at or near the top on Consumer Reports. I have used Sherwin Williams 15 years ago and was not impressed but I am sure they have improved as well.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgg7933 View Post
I have been using BEHR for many many years. For "Do it yourselfers" this is my paint of choice with "One Coat Coverage"! Very easy to deal with and very durable and it has always rated at or near the top on Consumer Reports. I have used Sherwin Williams 15 years ago and was not impressed but I am sure they have improved as well.
I painted the interior of my home a year ago using Behr Ultra Premium Plus. It covered the original beige paint/primer that was used during contraction beautifully. Only one coat necessary on every wall. I used it at the recommendation of my contractor son-in-law, and it's now my paint of choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
paint, sherwin-williams, rated, home, behr, price, score, marquee, average, $62, professional, baffled, recommend, painters, interior, decorators, #16, reports, consumer, depot, buying, duration, guide, emerald, $43/gallon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.