Best BMW auto repair shop?

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2021, 06:07 AM

I would take it to Continental Imports in Gainesville. I have taken my MB’s there. 4.5 star rating on reviews. Well worth the drive.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:43 AM

We use Hutson Automotive in Fruitland Park, (352) 728-1454, and have been happy with them.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:45 AM

See Jack at Classic Designs in Orlando. 407-293-3447. Best prices on soft top repairs and in the business for decades.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:58 AM

I have used All German Motorworks in Leesburg for my Porsche and have been happy with the work and price is fair.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:24 AM

Having owned over 100 cars and trucks several German marks including BMW I ask what could it hurt to at least get an estimate from the dealer?

You’ll be assured of getting factory replacement parts and a warranty on the repair.

The old adage you get what you pay for can be reality when dealing with luxury cars.

Check the dealers reputation on line if it’s good then it couldn’t hurt to form a relationship with them.

Go to their web site and review the service writers choose one with long tenure and use him/her regularly.

Tip enough for a lunch on larger jobs. You’d be surprised how much difference they can make in the way your vehicle gets serviced.

If an independent shop has to purchase the parts from the dealer which in this case they likely will and you should insist on genuine OEM parts on job such as these to be sure they fit and function correctly.

If you intend to keep the car use your dealer on larger repairs and a reputable shop for oil and tires.

You might be surprised my dealer here offers to match prices on tires even with Tire Rack the countries largest online tire dealer.

I purchase from them and get discount coupons for service all year long.

Just some advice from someone that’s owned most all of them several times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
Thanks for that info. Of course I know I could visit the BMW dealer in Ocala. But it’s hard to wrap my wallet around the $200 hourly rate knowing I get dental services and medical services for less then that. But then...the medical folks don’t offer a free lunch and swag during one’s visit.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:45 AM

We use the dealer in Ocala, I also purchased the extended warranty for my 2016 Z4 Very happy with the service! My husband is an excellent mechanic, we have 2 antique cars, but the Z4 is too much for his expertise.
Happy New Year!
Old 01-06-2021, 08:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,065 Times in 534 Posts

I use Accurso. I once brought my Mercedes in thinking it was going to be a $1,000.00 repair.... I was actually whining my fears to them. They called me a few hours later and told me no charge, it was not what I thought and they fixed whatever little thing it was for free. That was a real opportunity for them to tell me the repair was $1,000, because I would have believed it. I find it really hard to believe that they charged you for a repair, they didn't do, that could be easily checked, like not replacing hoses. Sounds more like he place you brought it to showed you old hoses and told you they were in your car. I stand by Accurso, been using them for 3 years.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Check out German Autoworks, recommended to me by Sumter Tire.
I've used them several times. They do good work, but they are expensive and it can take a couple days depending on what the problem is.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not yet, have the old hoses. Was hoping to drive the Beamer back down to Villages home this fall, but had to change plans because needed to get back up north and will not fly until pandemic is under control. In storage for the winter.
Did you call the and tell them what happened?
Old 01-06-2021, 09:22 AM

Do not waste your time with All German Motorworks in Leesburg. I have gone there several times and each time encountered issues. Gary King is a fast-talking snake-oil salesman. Documents something different from what he tells you and loses recollection of what was discussed. His final bills are always higher than the verbal quotes. His email addresses and contact information on his website are not accurate and don’t work. My preferred form of communication is email so I have a trail of the discussion. Gary refuses to provide a “valid” email address. He does not want you to have a paper trail which should tell you something. There are too many other good BMW service providers mentioned above to waste your time and money with All German Motorworks.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:36 AM

All Things German, Gary, did the retractable top work on my MB 2001 SLK 230; costly, but done correctly. A+
Old 01-06-2021, 09:50 AM
Default BMW Repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
Have searched the forum. Am aware of of the two highly recommended tire shops and Accurso.

My wife bought a 15 year old cherry ragtop BMW a year ago and it now needs some work on the roof retraction system. And as we all know - will probably need overall mechanical work sometime down the road.

Does anyone know of a focused BMW mechanic/shop in the area that has a decent reputation?

Would appreciate any insights. Thank you my good people!
When I had my older BMW convertible I used All German Motor Works in Leesburg, FL with satisfactory results and not factory rates which saved a lot!!
Old 01-06-2021, 11:23 AM
Default Accurso

I have to put in a good word for Accurso.
I took my 2002 T-Bird to Key-Scales for AC work. After long delays and a huge estimate (they would have to take out the dash), I fiered them and went to Accurso. Work on the AC was done quickly at small cost and the gave me the bad parts to drive away with.

Import may be a little different than American made, but AC is also an auto specialty. I have been back to Accurso several times. High quality work is always done on time, at reasonable cost. I recommend Accurso to anyone with a car they care about that is out of warranty.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I will be watching this thread very closely as we have a 2005 330CI rag top that will be needing similar work. I can’t recommend anyone for this job, but I will tell you to avoid Accurso. I brought our BMW to them for an oil change and they told me I needed new power steering hoses. They charged me over $600 to replace two hoses and a couple months later I noticed a leak under the car. I brought the car to a very trusted mechanic (I drove the car up north for the summer) who had to replace the power steering hoses. He showed me the hoses Accurso supposedly replaced. They were the original cracked OEM hoses that had been re-crimped in place with aftermarket parts, and the job was done very poorly. Stay away from Accurso.
A NO for Accurso. Overcharged and shoddy work there.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I've had good experiences with Accurso. Have heard bad things about the German autoworks in Leesburg.. So you pay your money and take your chances. I've also had Accurso say that certain repairs were out of their scope, which i respected. will continue to use them for basic maintenace
Closed Thread

Tags
bmw, year, work, mechanical, road

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.