Mobile Dog Groomers

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Default Mobile Dog Groomers

We are looking for a mobile pet (dog) grooming business for our Bichon. Has anyone used such a service and if so, what advice can you provide. Would also like price range if you don't mind sharing. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Gold member

We have been using P&J Flawless Paws for about 6-8 months now and they are great. We tried 2 local groomers and didn't like the way they do business. One wanted us to bring the dog at 8:00am and pick him up at 5:00 pm. The other gave us an appointment but always said 4-6 hours. Wrong on both counts for us. P&J arrives, grooms our dog and is gone in about 1 1/2 hours. Yes, they do charge about $10 more but it's well worth it to not have to leave the house. The do just as good a job grooming too.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

We have been using Michele, Grooming Way-In for about a year now. Very reliable, on time, does a great job on our Goldendoodle. Not sure what she would charge for a Bishon, you would have to call and ask. Her # is (954) 551-9900. Tell her Xander's Mom sent you.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:53 AM

Phanatic luvr....thank you for your response but I cannot find Grooming Way-In on the web. Are they local??
Old 08-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We have been using P&J Flawless Paws for about 6-8 months now and they are great. We tried 2 local groomers and didn't like the way they do business. One wanted us to bring the dog at 8:00am and pick him up at 5:00 pm. The other gave us an appointment but always said 4-6 hours. Wrong on both counts for us. P&J arrives, grooms our dog and is gone in about 1 1/2 hours. Yes, they do charge about $10 more but it's well worth it to not have to leave the house. The do just as good a job grooming too.
Yikes, 4-6 hours to be groomed! That would be a pain if you had a ways to travel to drop off and pick up your pet! Maybe, I will have to look up a mobile groomer when we move to The Villages! I'm still hoping that when my Shih Tzu gets a little older I will be able to groom her myself! Right now, at 8 months, she is a little wiggle worm!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWin View Post
Phanatic luvr....thank you for your response but I cannot find Grooming Way-In on the web. Are they local??
I did a reverse phone number look up and the phone nmber is out of Ft. Lauderdale. But, you never really know where the number comes from any more!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:01 PM

Has anyone used Woof Gang grooming in Brownwood?
Old 08-21-2015, 03:45 PM

We also use P & J Flawless groomers. Jessica does a wonderful job with our puppy. We love that they come to our home and Milo is ready in one hour. Didn't like the idea of dropping our puppy off then picking him up hours later. We choose P & J based on reviews on ToTV. Couldn't be happier with the results.

P & J can be reached at 352-4599-6949.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:51 PM

I use Amy from Amy'siGroom. She is an excellent groomer and is very gentle with the dogs. She has about 10 yrs experience and is well worth every penny. I have a poodle and she looks like a show dog when she is finished phone # 352-516-9747
Old 08-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Quote:
Yes, Michele owns a home in Summerfield. She was originally from South Florida. She has a nice mobile grooming van and brings one of her own dogs with her. She is as cute as a button and well behaved. I think it may make her dog clients more at ease.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Yes, Michele owns a home in Summerfield. She was originally from South Florida. She has a nice mobile grooming van and brings one of her own dogs with her. She is as cute as a button, a little tiny dog and well behaved. I think it may make her dog clients more at ease.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Another vote for Michele. She shows up on time, fairly priced and does a great job with our Shih Tzu.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I did a reverse phone number look up and the phone nmber is out of Ft. Lauderdale. But, you never really know where the number comes from any more!
Yes. Michele used to live in South Florida before moving here
Old 08-27-2015, 01:31 PM

Thanks to all who replied to our inquiry. We finally decided on Theresa"s Waggin' Wheels Mobile Pet Salon and were VERY pleased with the way Molly looked at the completion of her Mini-groom (necessary as the previous groomer clipped her way too short). Now, she is beginning to look like her cute self again. Thank you, Theresa!!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
We have been using Michele, Grooming Way-In for about a year now. Very reliable, on time, does a great job on our Goldendoodle. Not sure what she would charge for a Bishon, you would have to call and ask. Her # is (954) 551-9900. Tell her Xander's Mom sent you.
Ah! That's what I wanted to hear. I've been looking for a mobile groomer for our golden, but every one I asked only does small dogs.

Another good tip from Phanatic Luvr! (But sorry about the Phillies this year)

Tags
mobile, dog, provide, advice, price, mind, sharing, range, service, pet, grooming, groomers, business, bichon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.