BEST CRUISES

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
mackbeth:
I've cruised at least twice a year since I retired in mid-2002 and love it as a way of being truly pampered!

My favorite is Holland America. I've recently come home from my 5th cruise with them. They cater to us "old people!" Not that that means old geezers shuffling along on their walkers, or drooling into their soup! Just that they're into enjoying their retirement and loving the service. Staff on all HA ships is superior, friendly and helpful.

Example: on my first cruise, I "flirted" with a bar waitress in the top-of-the-ship Crows Nest bar. She learned my favorite drink and brought it without question every night!
Eleven months later, I cruised on a different HA ship out of San Diego. The wine steward for my dinner table was the same young lady. On the first night, she called me by name! [Made me wonder just how much "flirting" I had done, you can imagine!] ;D

I was on a Royal Caribbean ship last January, along with about 150 other Villagers. I found them very, very acceptable. A little bit more oriented toward a younger crowd (to me that means under 60), but not obtrusively so. I'd sail them again, given the right itinerary.

I've also done a four-night Carnival Cruise. They did a good job, too. But, they're after the 20- and 30-somethings, and offer some pretty wild around-the-pool happenings! [I am, frankly, not into "Hairy Chest" contests!] There were nearly 100 Villagers on this particular sailing and I think we pretty much agreed that Carnival is NOT the line we, as senior citizens, would normally choose!

I'm doing a Princess cruise over Thanksgiving and looking forward to it a lot. My years as a travel agent tell me that Princess will do a marvelous job, too. I shall see!

Steve

I agree with almost everything you said above, as we are going to try our first Holland America cruise in November. Dead on about Carnival. I don't care for it after 2 tries. If you are looking for a quick 3 or 4 day cruise, you can't beat the prices on Carnival to Key West and Cozumel.

I enjoyed Royal Caribbean very much and can't wait for our Holland America cruise next.

-KB

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.