Best Inexpensive Lawn Care Service??

Old 02-25-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

There are hundreds. Watch want-ads, ask neighbors, stop them on the street and ask.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Looking for a reliable but inexpensive company for lawn care. Only lawn care needed. Thank you.
Cheap service, shoddy work. Your choice

Old 02-25-2021, 08:09 AM

If you have a smaller lawn, get a service that uses walk behind mowers and not the ride-ons. The usual cost seems to be $50-65/month.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:26 AM

I use Stacy Reid, $70 for a large corner property. I am not in The Villages full time and have
a management company come buy, and they have not had any complaints about my lawn.
His # is (352)553-3710. He comes by twice a month and I mail him a check monthly.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:32 AM

Whomever you choose, do NOT choose Good Neighbor Service (aka Central Termite and Pest, LLC......their new name). We contracted with them and got taken to the cleaners big time. Our contract was for weekly mowing/trimming and monthly fertilization/pest contol/weed control. They've maybe shown up a handful of times since May 2020 and only when I call to demand service. My bad for paying up front for the year (also, do NOT pay ahead), but I've since filed claims with Senior Vs Crimes, who immediately sent my claim off to the Attorney General's office for investigation. Also the Better Business Bureau who informed me that, according to the Division of Corporations, Good Neighbor Service is no longer in business, the address on the top of their contract is no longer valid and the phone # on said contract is no longer in service. Yet they continue to solicit business (mainly in the new villages) as Good Neighbor Service and continue to answer the phone (I found a legit # on Roy Blackburn's business card) as Good Neighbor Service. My neighbors across the street just got taken by them too before I realized it and could get to them. At this reading, the Attorney General's office tells me my claim is "pending further investigation" and that they have been unable to reach either Roy Graham Blackburn OR Kenny Wayne Smith, the 2 scum perpetrators of this "business," for further action. So, in other words, we're just screwed. My husband will be doing our lawn care from this point forward. Sharp Lawn and Landscaping did our stacked wall landscaping and did a beautiful job, but they're not cheap! Good luck!!

Old 02-25-2021, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Southern sun land management, Tyler Gregory 352 441 0916 give him a call.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Looking for a reliable but inexpensive company for lawn care. Only lawn care needed. Thank you.
After paying a company $600 bucks to fertilize my lawn plus going to Lowe’s to buy fertilizer to supplement their work I signed up online with Scott’s. After answering a bunch of questions they set me up on a plan. I pay $104 bucks and the mail me a bag of the appropriate fertilizer and/or weed control 4 times per year and then they send me a text or email to remind me when to put it down with the appropriate setting on my spreader. It’s been working like a charm for 2 years. I also by a gallon of bug killer and spray around the perimeter of the house and garage once a month. The gallon last for the entire year and no bugs

Old 02-25-2021, 08:46 AM

Michael Hurst Lawn Care 352-330-7784 Been cutting, edging, and trimming my lawn for 6+ years. Never missed a week. He cuts every other week (2x a month) $40 - Supports our Veterans

Old 02-25-2021, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
Whomever you choose, do NOT choose Good Neighbor Service (aka Central Termite and Pest, LLC......their new name). We contracted with them and got taken to the cleaners big time. Our contract was for weekly mowing/trimming and monthly fertilization/pest contol/weed control. They've maybe shown up a handful of times since May 2020 and only when I call to demand service. My bad for paying up front for the year (also, do NOT pay ahead), but I've since filed claims with Senior Vs Crimes, who immediately sent my claim off to the Attorney General's office for investigation. Also the Better Business Bureau who informed me that, according to the Division of Corporations, Good Neighbor Service is no longer in business, the address on the top of their contract is no longer valid and the phone # on said contract is no longer in service. Yet they continue to solicit business (mainly in the new villages) as Good Neighbor Service and continue to answer the phone (I found a legit # on Roy Blackburn's business card) as Good Neighbor Service. My neighbors across the street just got taken by them too before I realized it and could get to them. At this reading, the Attorney General's office tells me my claim is "pending further investigation" and that they have been unable to reach either Roy Graham Blackburn OR Kenny Wayne Smith, the 2 scum perpetrators of this "business," for further action. So, in other words, we're just screwed. My husband will be doing our lawn care from this point forward. Sharp Lawn and Landscaping did our stacked wall landscaping and did a beautiful job, but they're not cheap! Good luck!!
If "Good Neighbor" service is the same company that started out under the name "Once a Year" and then changed it to "Service Smart" RUN, don't walk away from this company. They are the worst! They have a very thick folder of complaints with Seniors Against Crime. The reason I think it's the same is the name changes, does a contract paid a year in advance and also the guy running it is named Kenny. Good luck.

Last edited by rmd2; 02-25-2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: more info

Old 02-25-2021, 11:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
If "Good Neighbor" service is the same company that started out under the name "Once a Year" and then changed it to "Service Smart" RUN, don't walk away from this company. They are the worst! They have a very thick folder of complaints with Seniors Against Crime. The reason I think it's the same is the name changes, does a contract paid a year in advance and also the guy running it is named Kenny. Good luck.
It is.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:35 PM

Clinton Smith does a great job on our lawn and the yards of 4 of our neighbors. His cost is also very reasonable. Clinton may be reached at 352-303-5363.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:59 PM
Default Lawn Services you can trust

Someone asked about lawn services and I want to say that we have been with Fertigator
for over seven years. They offer many services but the Fertigator system is amazing.
People often stop to ask who does your lawn. Free estimates and what do you have to lose ... an ugly lawn? They offer all services. Good luck. the crossans
352-314-2867.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:14 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Let us know who you pick & the cost.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:50 AM
Default Few mowing companies north of 466A?

Why so many companies - including above mentioned FertiGator - only provide services south of 466A? Any recommendations for those of us who live north of 466A? Thanks

Old 06-03-2021, 12:22 PM
Default Lawn Service

Quote:

I live in The Villages and do Lawn Service using a 33" Walk behind mower. If interested in quote please give me a call at 502-594-2622 Gary

Tags
lawn, care, inexpensive, service, reliable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.