Best place to buy appliances in the area

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Best place to buy appliances in the area

We're thinking of getting new washer and dryer. Any advice on where to go or where not to go?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Since 2018 I've bought a Samsung 75" LED TV, a washer & dryer, a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher from Best Buy. I posted all about the purchases when I made them. Here is from my post in 2018 when I bought the W&D.

Quote:
Last April our original Whirlpool washer and dryer that were in our CYV gave out after six years. I opened Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy and Amazon websites and studied the reviews and least amount of repairs. I found the LG top loading washer and dryer were the best overall. I then compared prices. Lowes has the 10% veteran discount, but the washer was already $80 cheaper at Best Buy and Lowes didn't have the matching dryer that I wanted with the 2-way opening glass door. Home Depot didn't offer the models and Amazon seemed too hard to deal with.

I went to Best Buy and free delivery was included, and unlike Lowes that delivers from their local store, availability is based on the store's inventory. Best Buy comes from a main warehouse near Orlando and has a greater amount of stock of what's on their website. I was able to get a $100 gift card, free haulaway of the old washer and dryer ($30 value), and the washer was already $80 cheaper than Lowes and they gave me $80 off on the dryer. They'll negotiate like a car dealer, if the salesman won't budge ask to see the assistant manager.

I purchased the LG WT7500CW washer and the LG DLE7200WE dryer.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-28-2020, 07:08 AM

I used Best Buy for my refrigerator because they come to the house and measure the space for you. I live in a patio villa and everyone told me that the refrigerator I wanted was too big for the space I had. They came to the house and guess what, the refrigerator just fit into the space. I plan on having someone from Best Buy come to the house again when I buy a washer and dryer, again that is a very small space in my kitchen.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:05 AM
Gold member

I will never buy any appliance from Lowe's again. We bought a dishwasher from them and bought the extended warantee. Our dishwasher stopped working and they sent a repairman out at least a dozen times before they finally agreed to give me my money back. This went on for about 6 months. I admit, it was not Lowe's fault, they contract their service to an outside contractor and Lowe's just kept telling us, "Give them a chance". I will never buy another appliance from Lowe's. Best Buy is the best.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I will never buy any appliance from Lowe's again. We bought a dishwasher from them and bought the extended warantee. Our dishwasher stopped working and they sent a repairman out at least a dozen times before they finally agreed to give me my money back. This went on for about 6 months. I admit, it was not Lowe's fault, they contract their service to an outside contractor and Lowe's just kept telling us, "Give them a chance". I will never buy another appliance from Lowe's. Best Buy is the best.
I would never buy an extended warranty for anything. But, I don't understand why you say that it was not Lowe's fault. They sell extended warranties, put their name on it, and make a huge profit on the warranties. How can it not be their fault?
Old 03-28-2020, 10:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Another store to look is "Appliance Direct". There is one in Fruitland Park.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Another store to look is "Appliance Direct". There is one in Fruitland Park.
I watch those commercials and I just get the opinion that they are a cheesy rip off business.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I watch those commercials and I just get the opinion that they are a cheesy rip off business.
Appliance Direct sells slightly damaged or returned items - good prices, but???
Old 03-28-2020, 03:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
They also sell new in the box appliances.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

Depends what you want. I wanted Speed Queen and one of the only places that sold them was Desantis Appliance. They do not show them on their website because most of their clients are commercial but they do stock some homeowner models.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
People that think that are a "Wakkie Nu Nu " they sell new in the box.

And remember.... if you didn't buy direct..... you paid too much! ROFLMAO

Last edited by CWGUY; 03-28-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Consumer Report for $7 for one month will point you in a good direction and we ended up at Home Depot with 24 months interest free on a Samsung Front loader pair with the pedestals and my wife couldn't be happier. When you watch the washer add the water you would swear there is not enough to was a towel but it does a great job. From my personal experience we have had no luck at all with LG but many people love 'em. These Samsungs handle the comforter on the bed with ease. The Dryer is the best we ever owned. It's an Electric model because we Proudly live in The Historic Section. No Gas, except the people!

Do the Consumer Report thing. You won't be disappointed. We were Sears customers strictly for an entire lifetime but for me thats not an option anymore. Good Luck.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

I got a washer, dryer, and microwave from Appliance Direct and would go back if I needed anything else.

No complaints and they do have low prices!
Old 03-28-2020, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
... we ended up at Home Depot with 24 months interest free on a Samsung Front loader pair with the pedestals and my wife couldn't be happier. When you watch the washer add the water you would swear there is not enough to was a towel but it does a great job. From my personal experience we have had no luck at all with LG but many people love 'em.
We got LG machines because we had them at our previous home and I love them. I'm sure Samsung is similar. I am so glad that I got the front loading and pedestals. No more bending over and getting back aches! Plus the pedestals provide extra storage.

kathy
Closed Thread

Tags
washer, advice, dryer, place, thinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.