Best place to rent furniture?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Default Best place to rent furniture?

We just bought a spec home and need to rent furniture until we move in for all time.

Where is the best place to rent furniture until we head to the Villages, full time?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Gold member

My guess is you could buy furniture for less or same as renting either at moving sales or one of the many consignment/resale furniture stores that abound around TV.

Does anyone know if Bargains & Treasures, etc. will arrange delivery for a reasonable fee?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,423 Times in 886 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Yes, Bargains and Treasures delivers, but I don't know the charge. They pick up for free.

Is there a reason why you would want to rent furniture? I agree that a house can be furnished quite well for a low cost here with all of the options available.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Goat - most of the furniture rental places (Aarons, Rent to own etc.) are located in low income areas - for a reason. They prey on those with little or no $$ and worse credit and charge exorbitant amounts of interest to a marked up price.

Many here have found some great stuff at Bargains &Treasures. One reason is (and I am guilty of this), we brings furniture from "home" that just doesn't fit to the home here. So I sold a gorgeous chair for a steal.

You can also buy reasonably priced new furniture at LLBean or IKEA. I know one person on this forum (soon to be a frog), bought the bedroom set they wanted from Southern Lifestyles. Then they moved some of their "home" furniture - including some comfy outdoor chairs to use int he LR - and just gradually added.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.